Low FPS on pretty much everything...

20 answers Last reply
More about pretty everything
  1. Are you using the latest nvidia drivers?
  2. Yes, I should be, unless something has came out recently. I'll make sure I am anyway.

edit: On that note, there is a newer version that came out last month. I doubt that will solve the issues I'm having (going to update anyway).
  3. Latest drivers don't seem to have made any difference.
  4. Which browser are you using to play runescape?
  5. GTX 460 SE is really a bad GPU, I'm sorry to tell you. You need a new GPU.

Best value GPUs at the moment:
    1. GTX 660
    2. AMD 7850
    3. AMD 7870
  6. Actually, the best value GPUs are : 6670 DDR3 / 7770 GDDR5. Those are the performance/price sweetspots.
  7. MajinCry said:
    Actually, the best value GPUs are : 6670 DDR3 / 7770 GDDR5. Those are the performance/price sweetspots.

I know, I've seen the statistics. But if he wants some 1080p gaming now and in the future, those I've mentioned is the best choice.
  8. gtx 460se is good enough for average gamer.

@op your cpu is good enough to power that gpu.

what are the temps of your gpu?it is happening now only or it was happening before(low fps)?
  9. sunnk said:
    gtx 460se is good enough for average gamer.

@op your cpu is good enough to power that gpu.

what are the temps of your gpu?it is happening now only or it was happening before(low fps)?

The average gamer would want at least high settings in the latest game, and I wouldn't agree with you, if he is playing 1080p then it will struggle to its very last bit.
  10. an average gamer use medium settings not high in some games there are ultra settings but in most of the game there are high settings only and if u will get fps in game like 20-min,30-avg,45-max.then u will say that 45 is average fps lol.
  11. lostgamer_03 said:
    The average gamer would want at least high settings in the latest game, and I wouldn't agree with you, if he is playing 1080p then it will struggle to its very last bit.

Did you even read what the OP said? He's playing RUNESCAPE. Do you really think that GTX 460 SE is not enough for the game that looks like this?

12. weird I had some issues with a bfg 285 ,get the 285 drivers?
  13. I'm not ONLY playing Runescape, but I used that as an example since I get low fps on it as well; at least in full screen mode.

The main game I'm concerned with is Rift. According to a few website that list game requirements I should be able to play Rift with fairly high settings.

I think the problem lies more with my processor than my graphics card, but I want to be sure. Game performance drops dramatically the more people that show up to events.
  14. Absolutely the more people that shows in events, this goes to every game you play. The more npcs/objects/people etc the more the fps will drop significally, it is unbearable when fps drops to 20(used to be irritating going to shattrath with a bunch of people). The only thing you can do is remove off some of the high settings. There's nothing that can be done unfortunately.
  15. Unbearable when fps drops to 20.... LOL. I would pay to have a constant 20 fps. When I say low FPS, I'm talking about under 10.

I don't think anyone has actually understood what my problem is. My hardware should be more than able to play Rift on the high settings (Rift goes up to Ultra).

I've been playing the game on the Low-Quality render option just to make the game bearable. When I'm alone in an area, then I can usually get above 20 FPS. Any other time and the game lags horribly.

Clearly there is some issue with settings or compatibility here. I just can't figure out what it is.
  16. To put things further into perspective: I can play Rift on my laptop on Low/Medium settings without too much lag. At the moment I'm getting around 30 FPS running around in a major city.

I was playing on my desktop earlier (which has a more powerful CPU & GPU) and only getting about 10-15 FPS. I even had the desktop running in Low-Quality render mode.

Explain why?
  17. What is your CPU usage during the lag?
  18. Only thing I can say is to back up your pc and try a format and perhaps try this driver http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-285.62-whql-driver.html

Sorry, I can't think of another solution perhaps a fresh start should help. If no don't hesitate to keep us updated.
  19. I've been planning to do a fresh install soon anyway. If/when I get a new motherboard & processor I'll do the fresh install then.

I'm hoping to find some good deals this Black Friday/Cyber Monday.
  20. Just wanted to say that I got my new motherboard, cpu, and ram installed today. Put Rift on Medium settings and am running at almost 50 FPS now. That's a huge increase.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product