Graphic Card and motherboard support

My current system specification are:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-945GZM-S2 (Rev 3.9)
RAM = 2*1GB DDR2
HDD = 500GB + 160GB SATA
Screen resolution : 1360*768

I want to add a graphic card in my system for the purpose of playing 1080p HD videos and little bit of photoshop (Not for gaming)

The recommendation from my friends is:
AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5450 1 GB DDR3

I want to ask if the graphic card is compatible with my motherboard (http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2467) ?

The motherboard has PCIe slot x16 (@x4) which has left me in confusion..
6 answers Last reply
More about graphic card motherboard support
  1. As long as you have a PCIe x16 slot, you can support a discrete GPU. I would go for something a bit newer and more powerful than the 5450 though. What's your budget?
  2. Budget is 2100 INR (~40USD)
    And I dont want to add something to my age old PC.. I'd be buying new PC or Laptop in next 1-2 yrs.. That's why I'd like to just keep this PC in working condition till then..
  3. You won't be able to get much in that price range.. Will you go to a local retailer or shop online?
  4. I'm going to buy it from local retailer, as price quoted by him is 2100INR and online price is 2126INR.. Not much difference but shipping will take time.. And price can be negotiated in the local shop..
    One more query that I've is the psu which I've is 450watt, and the graphic card requires 400watt or more, should I change the psu or use graphic card on the current psu? Will there be any problem if I don't change the psu?
  5. No there will not be any problems. At that budget, HD 5450 is your only option. It will work perfectly fine.
  6. Thank you all.. Probably I'll buy this card today itself on the occasion of Diwali festival
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics Cards Motherboards Graphics Product