Sign in with
Your question

Monitor: Samsung or LG?????????

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 12, 2012 7:10:48 AM

I need 1080p resolution monitor and this two monitor i got is confusing me. buy this or buy that. :pt1cable: 

I hope someone here will lend me a hand :wahoo: 

Here is the two monitor that i'm opt in

1. Samsung S22B310B: http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/monitors/LS22B310BS/...
2. LG IPS234V: http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-IPS234V-led-monitor#

Please leave a suggestion and feel free to comment below, i will buy this week so it will make easy for me if someone here will reply immediately.

Thank you!

More about : monitor samsung

November 12, 2012 8:25:48 AM

go with the LG one... it seems to have better features than the Samsung.
m
l
November 12, 2012 12:00:06 PM

Thanks for the reply debjyotichatt,

m
l
Related resources
November 12, 2012 12:33:36 PM

Hey there,

What is your usage? Gaming? Video editing?

It looks like the LG is one of their eIPS models meaning it will have better color. (not as good as real IPS panel, but better than average). The Samsung, deceptively, does not list what kind of panel it is (both panels are LED backlit) so I assume its TN. Despite the TN, it doesn't have a faster GTG time, which is disappointing.

From the photo it also looks like the Samsung has touch sensitive buttons. In my experience (I have them on my monitor) the lack of real buttons is a huge downside. While its nice and clean it frequently takes me multiple tries to turn on and off the monitor.

I currently have what I think is an older/genetically related model to the LG you are looking at (the LG IPS236V). It works well. The anti-glare screen coating can be annoying in bright light, but other than that It has been great quality. You can Google my model if you want to see older reviews of the e-IPS screen, etc since they appear to be similar tech.

Normally I would consider Samsung to be a strong competitor to LG as they are IMO the two best panel manufacturers, but in this case it looks like you are comparing a better model LG to a more budget model Samsung.
m
l
November 13, 2012 1:39:37 AM

deadlockedworld said:
Hey there,

What is your usage? Gaming? Video editing?

It looks like the LG is one of their eIPS models meaning it will have better color. (not as good as real IPS panel, but better than average). The Samsung, deceptively, does not list what kind of panel it is (both panels are LED backlit) so I assume its TN. Despite the TN, it doesn't have a faster GTG time, which is disappointing.

From the photo it also looks like the Samsung has touch sensitive buttons. In my experience (I have them on my monitor) the lack of real buttons is a huge downside. While its nice and clean it frequently takes me multiple tries to turn on and off the monitor.

I currently have what I think is an older/genetically related model to the LG you are looking at (the LG IPS236V). It works well. The anti-glare screen coating can be annoying in bright light, but other than that It has been great quality. You can Google my model if you want to see older reviews of the e-IPS screen, etc since they appear to be similar tech.

Normally I would consider Samsung to be a strong competitor to LG as they are IMO the two best panel manufacturers, but in this case it looks like you are comparing a better model LG to a more budget model Samsung.

Thanks for the response mate! :) 
I will use it for my daily work and ofcourse Gaming and might do video editing in the future. :D 

I noticed that samsung has 30w powers consumption, i don't know on LG but they are same Power consumption on sleep/hibernate/off @ 0.3w

m
l
November 13, 2012 2:08:12 AM

Cool. If you are a hyper-intense FPS gamer you might be able to tell the difference between 2ms GTG and 5ms GTG response times in monitors. I've never had any issue with mine even running 60fps, but you should know there are some gamers on Tom's that claim IPS panels are too slow for them -- even the newer faster ones. If you were really concerned about that you should pick a different TN panel, if not the eIPS will give you superior color/angles and is a good all around unit.
m
l
!