Sign in with
Your question

PC restart problem

Last response: in Systems
December 28, 2012 6:03:08 PM

My system is running totally fine until i play any game. It restarts without any error or any blue screen. It happens everytime I run Battlefield 3 and Assassin's creed or any game. for insatnce when i run battlefield 3 , it connects with the server and map is loading but as the gameplay starts the pc restarts without any blue screen. tried with assassin's creed. assassin's creed is loading , movie is running , story video is running but as the gameplay starts pc RESTARTS. Yes i have googled alot with no luck for my problem.

My system
Inter 3770k
Gigabyte z77 d3h
sapphire radeon 7970 dual x
tried catalyst 12.11 , 12.4 , 12.3
huntkey 600W PSU
8gb kingston 1660 memory
win 7 64bit

things that i have tried
1) did a fresh install of windows twice but again no luck
2) removed all the catalyst drivers and installed just the display drivers but still the same.

Please please help me , this thing is driving me crazy.

More about : restart problem

December 28, 2012 6:15:15 PM

With bluescreen errors - first thing I check are the memory sticks - try running prime95 for at least 2-3 hours to see if errors occur - if there are errors, remove 1/2 of the memory and retest. If the error occurs again, take the rest of the memory out, and replace it with the memory you removed first. Retest. If the errors persist, you may have a motherboard/cpu/gpu issue.

Memory is the place to start...
m
l
December 28, 2012 6:55:27 PM

Also when was the last time you blew the dust out of the fans and heatsink?
m
l
Related resources
December 28, 2012 7:11:27 PM

rwinches said:
Also when was the last time you blew the dust out of the fans and heatsink?

its a new pc i have assembled. thx for the reply though
m
l
December 28, 2012 7:32:15 PM

the PSU you have is rubbish (ie complete crap), for a nice little thread of huntkey PSU's
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/271691-28-huntkey-500...

Honestly if it cannot provide enough power when you start up the game to the GPU, it could very well cause your computer to crash

not to mention this could be damaging you parts as well
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
December 28, 2012 7:32:40 PM

Haven't heard of Huntkey before but found a review on that PSU and it seemed to think it was operating well, but they may have gotten the cream of the crop for the review, I think it's a Chinese company. Your issue definitely sounds like PSU or RAM to me.
m
l
December 28, 2012 7:39:49 PM

chugot9218 said:
Haven't heard of Huntkey before but found a review on that PSU and it seemed to think it was operating well, but they may have gotten the cream of the crop for the review, I think it's a Chinese company. Your issue definitely sounds like PSU or RAM to me.

Huntkey usually makes PSU's that are "meh" to "holy crap look at those sparks", without the actual model number it is hard to know where on the spectrum of crap it sits

the part that makes me doubtful it is ram is that it is doing this not at random (lke if you randomly hit a bad part of memory) but very specific where he goes and uses the GPU (he has a 7970 which uses a fair amount of power)
m
l
December 28, 2012 8:34:34 PM

mindless728 said:
Huntkey usually makes PSU's that are "meh" to "holy crap look at those sparks", without the actual model number it is hard to know where on the spectrum of crap it sits

the part that makes me doubtful it is ram is that it is doing this not at random (lke if you randomly hit a bad part of memory) but very specific where he goes and uses the GPU (he has a 7970 which uses a fair amount of power)

one of my friend has no problem who is having i3 , sapphire radeon 7970 with huntkey 500 Watt . And mine is 600 WATT , do u still think it would be my PSU ?. really thanks alot for all the help coming.

btw my 7970 is the dual x and his is the normal one ... would that also make difference ?
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
December 28, 2012 8:45:53 PM

It is not about the wattage necessarily, you could have a 1000w PSU that is made of crap components and have the same issue.
m
l
December 28, 2012 10:19:50 PM

chugot9218 said:
It is not about the wattage necessarily, you could have a 1000w PSU that is made of crap components and have the same issue.

am also using samsung LED 46 inch as my monitor meaning i browse , surf net i mean everything. im using it as my monitor. the point im trying to make is using a LED also effects the PSU ? or it dosent ?
m
l
December 28, 2012 10:33:17 PM

younus1932 said:
am also using samsung LED 46 inch as my monitor meaning i browse , surf net i mean everything. im using it as my monitor. the point im trying to make is using a LED also effects the PSU ? or it dosent ?

the monitor does not affect the PSU at all as it is NOT connected
m
l
December 29, 2012 11:57:15 AM

mindless728 said:
the monitor does not affect the PSU at all as it is NOT connected

with my system can u pl tell me a good PSU. u can see my specs from the first post. and if it goes well after changing the psu i will definitely let u guys know.
m
l
December 29, 2012 1:08:32 PM

pretty much a 600w (or so, 550w would suffice but would be a little tight) from
Corsair, XFX, Antec, Seasonic (not an entire list of good companies)

Corsair CX500 would be a good start
m
l
December 30, 2012 8:49:44 AM

ok guys i have sorted the problem.

Problem was : pc getting restarted everytime i run any game. Without any error or any blue screen. Just a direct restart

Solution : my sapphire radeon 7970 dual-x comes with these two cables which i connected to my PSU. here are the pics of the cables which came along with the 7970 dual x card. so what i did was took these cables out and connected the PSU's cables directly in the graphic card. meaning there are cables coming from the PSU which you can connect them from PSU to your graphic card directly. And the problem was error . Thanks alot guysssss for all the response from u all .. thank youu

m
l
December 31, 2012 9:38:27 AM

can anyone put this in SOLVED forum. thanks
m
l
!