Quad gtx580 mobo

Hello, i got a big bang marshal mobo with dual gtx580's at the moment! i7 2600k is the cpu with dom GTs and an ocz z1000watt power supply.

What i want to know are 2 things.

1> Can ocz power 4 x gtx580s?

2> Will this mobo give me performance by using 4 x gtx580s , is it compatible etc etc due to chipset limitations!

I cant change the mobo.
7 answers Last reply
More about quad gtx580 mobo
  1. 1) not sure but even with dual 580 people are recommending to use at least 850w PSU.

2) i don't think there is mobo limitation on how much gpu you want to use. but why did you need 4 GTX580 in the first place? is it for compute specific task? or simply for gaming?
  2. its a compute specific task! what about my question man! and how to plug the oc dashboard in msi big bang?
  3. You never specified which motherboard you mean..? A motherboard will say whether it supports quad-GPUs. You'll probably have to refer to the manufacturers website of the motherboard where it will tell you.
  4. already mentioned. big bang marshal msi p67 b3 with 8 pcie lanes....WHAT ABOUT THE PSU!
  5. i think not.
    http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_gtx_580_matrix_platinum_review,6.html
    Quote:
    Measured power consumption one card

System in IDLE = 155W
    System Wattage with GPU in FULL Stress = 378W
    Difference (GPU load) = 223W
    Add average IDLE wattage ~ 25W
    Subjective obtained GPU power consumption = ~ 248W

so 248*4=992 watts right there.

then there is the question of having EIGHT 8 pin PCI power connections.
  6. ok so am using another bfg 460watt psu so end of story! BTW any game out there that can Kill quad gtx580 with 2600k at 5ghz with dom gt's at 1200p? in 3d!
  7. the thing is scaling become a real problem starting from 3 cards...
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics