Lexar throws in the towel

Last response: in Digital Camera
June 11, 2005 11:09:18 AM

First, software fix.
Then, return and repair.
Now, they are offering to replace all defective
80x cards. Which is nice for the poor Canon owners.

More about : lexar throws towel

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 12:21:20 PM

What are you talking about... what towel? I have three 80x cards a 2Gig
and two 1Gig cards and they have all been very reliable. No problems or
even hiccups for that matter.
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 1:07:31 PM

In article <ghhla1tjq0ks0frnh4mprervohmdhde2hm@4ax.com>, RichA
<none@none.com> wrote:

> First, software fix.
> Then, return and repair.
> Now, they are offering to replace all defective
> 80x cards. Which is nice for the poor Canon owners.

JEEZ...get off of it!
Related resources
June 11, 2005 6:02:02 PM

Randall Ainsworth wrote:

> In article <ghhla1tjq0ks0frnh4mprervohmdhde2hm@4ax.com>, RichA
> <none@none.com> wrote:
>
>> First, software fix.
>> Then, return and repair.
>> Now, they are offering to replace all defective
>> 80x cards. Which is nice for the poor Canon owners.
>
> JEEZ...get off of it!

Aw someone point out a problem with your favorite brand?
--

Stacey
Anonymous

In article <3h0n8qFelb31U2@individual.net>, Stacey <fotocord@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Aw someone point out a problem with your favorite brand?

The guy is a one-trick pony.
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 8:15:47 PM

In article <1118503280.344077.263370@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
Avery <avery@ramblingsnail.net> wrote:
>What are you talking about... what towel? I have three 80x cards a 2Gig
>and two 1Gig cards and they have all been very reliable. No problems or
>even hiccups for that matter.

Agreed. My two 1GB 80X cards have had no problems. (Granted, I
am using them in a Nikon, not a Cannon, and they don't have the deadly
set of characters in the product code which marks the ones which have
problems.

As far as I can tell, there were two problems. One was specific
to their use in the Cannon cameras (presumably write cycle timing or
something similar), and the other was specific to the cards themselves.

And replacing the cards seems to make sense even for a firmware
problem at Lexars end, as it will reduce the cycle time to the end user.
It might be necessary to pop open the case to gain access to internal
terminals to put in new firmware -- requiring sealing in a new case --
probably with a new Product-ID to flag the fact that it has been
supplied with new firmware.

And given the number of these which they must be processing, the
"replacement" simplifys the logistics significantly. Receive old cards
with one of the bad Product-IDs, ship out an equal number of the same
size which have been fixed..

Enjoy,
DoN.
June 11, 2005 10:17:46 PM

> First, software fix.
> Then, return and repair.
> Now, they are offering to replace all defective
> 80x cards. Which is nice for the poor Canon owners.

For someone who doesnt even shoot DSLR, you sure do post here a lot.

I did not have any problems with my 1GB and 2GB 80x Lexars that I use.

Yawn.......
!