Rate my gaming PC build

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeusthunder

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
Hi All,
I'm using some components that are new to me, so was hoping you could look over my build and let me know anything you'd change. I've included absolutely everything I'll be purchasing.

Purpose: Gaming with High/Ultra level graphics settings primarily. Also a factor: Aesthitics, low noise level, airflow, ability to OC
Budget: Up to $3500, including shipping
Link: [url=http://pcpartpicker.com/p/uFMJ]

Solution
The reason as to why I dislike ASUS (and the only reason) is their customer support. But they usually don't fail with products. I'd say, You've got a solid build... and You're not going to use 2 tb. 1tb is just fine, especially since you're running SSD Raid.

*Edit* Click BIOS? That's all you can come up with? Come on man, How hard is it to use a BIOS with out a cursor? Come on now! The MoBO will actually save him money so he doesn't have to purchase a WiFi Adapter lol.

zeusthunder

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

Made me laugh that you said that, because it's EXACTLY the board I wanted to get at first! The reason I didn't go for it is because of the yellow in there. It would look horrible next to the blue theme I'm going for. I could go with all black, or black/gray instead of black/blue...but black/yellow just would look horrible.

griptwister

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2012

I'd preffer MSI, ASUS or Gigabyte to ASRock any day, but that's just me.

What? the Extreme 6 doesn't have yellow in it.. Your thinking of the mPower from MSI or the OC Formula from ASRock.

Since ASRock and ASUS are basically the same company neither companys can you go wrong with

zeusthunder

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

Is this just to save some money or is there any other reason you'd suggest this? I took a look at the gigabyte boards but didn't like the way their integrated WiFi worked. I've never worked with MSI before so I'd love to see more about why you'd go with these boards.

zeusthunder

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

The two logos are in yellow text. "Z77" and the other one (can't read the text).

Oh? and my Extreme4's debug reader is red for 3 seconds when i first post but you don't see me writing a 3 paragraph paper on how much i can't stand the one tiny thing...

mc_creeper

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012

MSI is very good built about 5 new pc's with MSI boards and no problems. Gigabyte was only because its cheaper and the extra cash goes to something more important like GPU or SSD etc

But than again if you are going to spend so much I guess it's not going to be a problem :)

zeusthunder

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

Oh cool thanks, I'm going to look at the MSI boards and see if I can get any for less $. What's the BIOS like with MSI? Pretty straightforward to use?

lxgoldsmith

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2012

gigabyte GA Z77X-UD3H

griptwister

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2012
The reason as to why I dislike ASUS (and the only reason) is their customer support. But they usually don't fail with products. I'd say, You've got a solid build... and You're not going to use 2 tb. 1tb is just fine, especially since you're running SSD Raid.

*Edit* Click BIOS? That's all you can come up with? Come on man, How hard is it to use a BIOS with out a cursor? Come on now! The MoBO will actually save him money so he doesn't have to purchase a WiFi Adapter lol.

Solution

zeusthunder

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
After looking at the boards and reading more reviews I'm going to go with Asus, but I'm going to skip the external fan controller and go with the Asus fan control software instead. Thanks for the feedback all!

griptwister

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2012

Smart man.

LPTJared

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012

You're a dumbass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS