What are some trustable PSU brands

unrealj

Honorable
Dec 14, 2012
I was wondering what are some trustable power supply brands that i should go for that are on the budget side because i just got a new AMD radeon HD 7850 and i just figured out that i don't have a 6 pin pci-e power connector. But i only have $60 to spend so im asking what PSU or PSU brand should i go for.

Sava

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
I have a Corsair HX750. It's the best damn power supply I've ever owned in 20 years of building. That's a nice vid card. Don't skimp on the PSU. The extra cost is pennies compared to what it costs to replace hardware fried by a faulty PSU. I've had a system and most components become completely unusable due to a terrible PSU.

Sell blood. Deliver pizzas for a weekend.

No it would not as it has absolutely no relationship to the Capstone series apart from also being sold by Rosewill.
The red 115 / 230 V switch next the power cord plug and on/off switch indicates that it is an older design that is not even 80% efficient (therefore it could not get an 80 PLUS certification).
You have not said what the rest of your system is, but it is extremely unlikely that you will need more than a good 450W PSU. And even if you did need more than a 450W unit a Rosewill Stallion '700W' is not the best way to do that.

Good for guiding people away from bad PSUs, not as good for anything else IMO.

unrealj

Honorable
Dec 14, 2012
as for the rest of my system i have a amd FX-6100 and a basic 49$ msi micro atx motherboard i cant think of the specific name atm,HIS IceQ amd radeon 7850,and a 500w cheap power supply with no 6 pin connectors which i need for the card but the card i have installed currently is a Geforce GT 610.