Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

CHECK INFO SERVICE message, what is it?

Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 1:04:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

The wife's phone occasionally displays CHECK INFO SERVICE on the screen, it
seems to be when she's in an area of low or no signal but may be a
coincidence. What is it and why does it say this?

Cheers...Andre
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 2:11:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"mexico_zero" <nospam@thisadress.com> wrote in message
news:U9QPd.694$Yb3.32@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net...
> The wife's phone occasionally displays CHECK INFO SERVICE on the screen,
it
> seems to be when she's in an area of low or no signal but may be a
> coincidence. What is it and why does it say this?
>
> Cheers...Andre
>
>
What model phone is it?
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 5:01:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

It's a Nokia 6170.... Bought as a sim free phone from a shop. Never had any
other sim cards or users......
Related resources
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 7:26:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

mexico_zero wrote:
> It's a Nokia 6170.... Bought as a sim free phone from a shop. Never had any
> other sim cards or users......

Have you got cell broadcast reception turned on? Sometimes you see this
when the phone loses the network and finds it again a while later.

--

Brian Morrison

please observe reply-to address
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 9:29:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"Brian Morrison" wrote in message
news:q6adnVSJRpevTI3fRVnyhg@eclipse.net.uk...

> Have you got cell broadcast reception turned on? Sometimes you see this
> when the phone loses the network and finds it again a while later.
>
> --
>
> Brian Morrison
>
> please observe reply-to address

Not sure what that is; i'll have a look...
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 10:43:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

mexico_zero wrote:
> "Brian Morrison" wrote in message
> news:q6adnVSJRpevTI3fRVnyhg@eclipse.net.uk...
>
>
>>Have you got cell broadcast reception turned on? Sometimes you see this
>>when the phone loses the network and finds it again a while later.
>>
>>--
>>
>>Brian Morrison
>>
>>please observe reply-to address
>
>
> Not sure what that is; i'll have a look...
>

You will find the cell broadcast in the messages menu.


--
The views I present are my own and NOT of any organisation I belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM.
http://www.aca.gov.au/pls/radcom/client_search.client_l...
VoIP http://www.TALKonIP.com.au/
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 8:33:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"Simon VK3XEM" <> wrote in message ...
> >
>
> You will find the cell broadcast in the messages menu.
> --
>
> 73 de Simon, VK3XEM.

Cheers guys, i found the setting was activated and have now disabled it. Not
sure why it was activated and how much it ocst but hopefully its sorted
now... :-)

Thanx, 73 es gud dx!!! Andre
March 31, 2009 11:33:25 PM

today i update my nokia software and after restarting it doesnt find network , and it displayd to "check info service" , can somebody help me , what should I do
!