CHECK INFO SERVICE message, what is it?

The wife's phone occasionally displays CHECK INFO SERVICE on the screen, it
seems to be when she's in an area of low or no signal but may be a
coincidence. What is it and why does it say this?

Cheers...Andre
7 answers Last reply
More about check info service message

    "mexico_zero" <nospam@thisadress.com> wrote in message
    > The wife's phone occasionally displays CHECK INFO SERVICE on the screen,
    it
    > seems to be when she's in an area of low or no signal but may be a
    > coincidence. What is it and why does it say this?
    >
    > Cheers...Andre

    What model phone is it?

    It's a Nokia 6170.... Bought as a sim free phone from a shop. Never had any
    other sim cards or users......

    mexico_zero wrote:
    > It's a Nokia 6170.... Bought as a sim free phone from a shop. Never had any
    > other sim cards or users......

    Have you got cell broadcast reception turned on? Sometimes you see this
    when the phone loses the network and finds it again a while later.

    --

    Brian Morrison

    please observe reply-to address

    "Brian Morrison" wrote in message

    > Have you got cell broadcast reception turned on? Sometimes you see this
    > when the phone loses the network and finds it again a while later.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Brian Morrison
    >
    > please observe reply-to address

    Not sure what that is; i'll have a look...

    mexico_zero wrote:
    > "Brian Morrison" wrote in message
    >

    >>Have you got cell broadcast reception turned on? Sometimes you see this
    >>when the phone loses the network and finds it again a while later.
    >>
    >>--
    >>
    >>Brian Morrison
    >>
    >>please observe reply-to address
    >

    > Not sure what that is; i'll have a look...

    You will find the cell broadcast in the messages menu.

    --
    The views I present are my own and NOT of any organisation I belong to.

    73 de Simon, VK3XEM.
    http://www.aca.gov.au/pls/radcom/client_search.client_lookup?pCLIENT_NO=157452
    VoIP http://www.TALKonIP.com.au/

    "Simon VK3XEM" <> wrote in message ...

    > You will find the cell broadcast in the messages menu.
    > --
    >
    > 73 de Simon, VK3XEM.

    Cheers guys, i found the setting was activated and have now disabled it. Not
    sure why it was activated and how much it ocst but hopefully its sorted

    Thanx, 73 es gud dx!!! Andre
  7. today i update my nokia software and after restarting it doesnt find network , and it displayd to "check info service" , can somebody help me , what should I do

Nokia Phones Displays