'Disk Detector' by the Sound Card does not work

I have tried just about everything except changing BIOS settings in my PC,
but still I cannot make the Creative PCI128 sound card in my PC detect the
'Disk Detector' functions. I have dual boot, and running Windows 98SE
and Windows XP Pro in the same PC. Everything works when I boot on
Win98SE. But the sound card is not detected under Windows XP Pro,
even before/after loading the SP2 update.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about disk detector sound card work

    Hi ... How about uninstall the driver for it , Then shutdown your computer
    and unplug the power to the PC , Then switch the slot where your sound card
    is on to a different slot , repower back up and install the driver again ...
    Also try to find out whether you have the lastest driver too

    "Okie Noah" <okie_noah@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have tried just about everything except changing BIOS settings in my PC,
    > but still I cannot make the Creative PCI128 sound card in my PC detect the
    > 'Disk Detector' functions. I have dual boot, and running Windows 98SE
    > and Windows XP Pro in the same PC. Everything works when I boot on
    > Win98SE. But the sound card is not detected under Windows XP Pro,
    > even before/after loading the SP2 update.
    >
    > Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Found an unusual 'fix' for this problem. If I unplug my portable USB cd drive,
    (which is a DVD R/W 4.7 Gig drive), the sound card 'Disk Detector' icon
    appears on the Task Bar Notification Area, and I am able to play music CDs as
    usual.

    Does anyone know what is the relation between the USB port and the
    Creative Lab Sound Card 'Disk Detector' ?

    Okie Noah

    P.S. This phenomenon is happening to all of my PCs, since I have the same
    Creative Labs sound cards for all of them.

    "Road Runner" <beepbeep@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O4LkwN6xEHA.3368@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    | Hi ... How about uninstall the driver for it , Then shutdown your computer
    | and unplug the power to the PC , Then switch the slot where your sound card
    | is on to a different slot , repower back up and install the driver again ...
    | Also try to find out whether you have the lastest driver too
    |

    | "Okie Noah" <okie_noah@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | >I have tried just about everything except changing BIOS settings in my PC,
    | > but still I cannot make the Creative PCI128 sound card in my PC detect the
    | > 'Disk Detector' functions. I have dual boot, and running Windows 98SE
    | > and Windows XP Pro in the same PC. Everything works when I boot on
    | > Win98SE. But the sound card is not detected under Windows XP Pro,
    | > even before/after loading the SP2 update.
    | >
    | > Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Drivers Sound Cards Device Driver Windows XP