'Disk Detector' by the Sound Card does not work

I have tried just about everything except changing BIOS settings in my PC,
but still I cannot make the Creative PCI128 sound card in my PC detect the
'Disk Detector' functions. I have dual boot, and running Windows 98SE
and Windows XP Pro in the same PC. Everything works when I boot on
Win98SE. But the sound card is not detected under Windows XP Pro,
even before/after loading the SP2 update.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Hi ... How about uninstall the driver for it , Then shutdown your computer
and unplug the power to the PC , Then switch the slot where your sound card
is on to a different slot , repower back up and install the driver again ...
Also try to find out whether you have the lastest driver too

"Okie Noah" <okie_noah@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have tried just about everything except changing BIOS settings in my PC,
> but still I cannot make the Creative PCI128 sound card in my PC detect the
> 'Disk Detector' functions. I have dual boot, and running Windows 98SE
> and Windows XP Pro in the same PC. Everything works when I boot on
> Win98SE. But the sound card is not detected under Windows XP Pro,
> even before/after loading the SP2 update.
>
> Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Found an unusual 'fix' for this problem. If I unplug my portable USB cd drive,
(which is a DVD R/W 4.7 Gig drive), the sound card 'Disk Detector' icon
appears on the Task Bar Notification Area, and I am able to play music CDs as
usual.

Does anyone know what is the relation between the USB port and the
Creative Lab Sound Card 'Disk Detector' ?

Okie Noah

P.S. This phenomenon is happening to all of my PCs, since I have the same
Creative Labs sound cards for all of them.