Laptop mouse disabled when typing - synaptics

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveoh3

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
Hi all,
Just bought this laptop today, an Acer 5732Z,

The touchpad it uses is a @Synaptics TouchPad V7.0.

Basically, when I type the cursor pauses for 1 second until my last keystroke is finished, I want to DISABLE this feature.

I've checked the driver settings and windows7 properties and I cannot find the option anywhere!

Please help guys :)

Thanks.

daveoh3

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
Fn+f7 did absolutely nothing :/

I dont need the touchpad disabled, just the programmed pause of 1 second when you finish typing.

please help! i'm pulling my hair out here
:p

Arkahm

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
I'm having the same problem. Apparently, as I've read and experimented, it's our drivers for synaptics. I removed my driver completely, and although I lost my scroll function, the delay concerning keystrokes was no longer there.

I'm kind of a noob, so I'm not comfortable with downloading an older driver nor do I know which version does NOT have this issue.

We don't WANT to have our touchpad disabled when we're typing. I play an MMO and using skills via the number keys and having my touchpad disabled for movement is very annoying.

gildoneto

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
i have the very same problem. my notebook is an acer 4736z.
I would like to have the possibility to write and use the mousepad but this doesn't work until I deleted the synaptics drive and that started to work but i lose the roll down ability and the multitouch there isn't any new driver to resolve this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.