CPU: i5 2500k OC @ 4.4Ghz with Artic Cooling Freezer 13
RAM: 4GB 2X2GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz DDR3
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 LE R3 P67
GPU: MSI 560Ti Hawk
HDD: Seagate 1.5TB 5900RPM 64MB LOW P
PSU: Corsair 850w TX V2
Monitor: 23" Samsung 1080p LED 2ms
Soundcard: None
Mouse & Keyboard: Low end microsoft and logitech models; not worth mentioning.
Headset: Creative F1 gaming headset

I'm looking to maximize the performance of my PC; from this I'm thinking of investing in an SSD, another 4GB of RAM, getting a new headset, a sound card and new mouse and keyboard. I'm also pondering selling my GPU and monitor in order to buy better ones.

I ordered this stuff right off the bat without much deliberation and evidently it shows. I'm willing to spend upwards of £300.

Audio & Gaming are my main interests.

Opinions?

Thank you in advance.

More about : upgrade

December 28, 2012 11:10:42 PM

Hi mate yeah ermmm...from past experience don't spend too much on stuff you can live without. Don't spend money on a new headset , sound card or new mouse & keyboard unless they're breaking. With that money put it towards an SSD & another kit of GOOD ram. Also don't sell your GPU as you make a loss. Better to keep components than to sell , put more money on top to get better one.
December 28, 2012 11:39:41 PM

I won't do, I just feel like I'm wasting this build using a low end mouse, keyboard, headset, HDD. (5900RPM)

Couple that with the fact I have no SSD and wasted my money on buying an 850W instead of a 650W, which is only bronze rated.
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
December 29, 2012 2:30:51 AM

Get a Samsung 128GB SSD, 7870 GPU.

Thats all you need to upgrade.

I see you want to upgrade mouse/keyboard/headset but you will get more out of a GPU and SSD upgrade then if you went and got a complete Razer Keyboard/Mouse pack and a $100 headset.

Inside the computer is more important then outside. You can game with a 50c mouse and keyboard, but not a $50 GPU. SSD is optional. You could ditch the SSD in favor of a 7950/7970 and you will get even better performance out of that.

In the end, it is entirely your choice...
December 29, 2012 2:38:58 AM

Thank you for the replies. I think I'm just over analysing things.
a b B Homebuilt system
December 29, 2012 2:53:58 AM

icecubee said:
Thank you for the replies. I think I'm just over analysing things.

Its fine, just remember that your mouse and keyboard are on the bottom of the priorities list
January 6, 2013 4:00:25 PM

Your PC is the main thing that you should worry about.
!