CPU: i5 2500k OC @ 4.4Ghz with Artic Cooling Freezer 13
RAM: 4GB 2X2GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz DDR3
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 LE R3 P67
GPU: MSI 560Ti Hawk
HDD: Seagate 1.5TB 5900RPM 64MB LOW P
PSU: Corsair 850w TX V2
Monitor: 23" Samsung 1080p LED 2ms
Soundcard: None
Mouse & Keyboard: Low end microsoft and logitech models; not worth mentioning.
Headset: Creative F1 gaming headset

I'm looking to maximize the performance of my PC; from this I'm thinking of investing in an SSD, another 4GB of RAM, getting a new headset, a sound card and new mouse and keyboard. I'm also pondering selling my GPU and monitor in order to buy better ones.

I ordered this stuff right off the bat without much deliberation and evidently it shows. I'm willing to spend upwards of £300.

Audio & Gaming are my main interests.

Opinions?

Thank you in advance.

ihsaan96

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
Hi mate yeah ermmm...from past experience don't spend too much on stuff you can live without. Don't spend money on a new headset , sound card or new mouse & keyboard unless they're breaking. With that money put it towards an SSD & another kit of GOOD ram. Also don't sell your GPU as you make a loss. Better to keep components than to sell , put more money on top to get better one.

icecubee

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
I won't do, I just feel like I'm wasting this build using a low end mouse, keyboard, headset, HDD. (5900RPM)

Couple that with the fact I have no SSD and wasted my money on buying an 850W instead of a 650W, which is only bronze rated.

camohanna

Distinguished
Get a Samsung 128GB SSD, 7870 GPU.

Thats all you need to upgrade.

I see you want to upgrade mouse/keyboard/headset but you will get more out of a GPU and SSD upgrade then if you went and got a complete Razer Keyboard/Mouse pack and a $100 headset.

Inside the computer is more important then outside. You can game with a 50c mouse and keyboard, but not a $50 GPU. SSD is optional. You could ditch the SSD in favor of a 7950/7970 and you will get even better performance out of that.

In the end, it is entirely your choice...

camohanna

Distinguished

Its fine, just remember that your mouse and keyboard are on the bottom of the priorities list