Solved

Bought 450w psu, need advice on best/cheapest hd 7770

just bought antec- vp 450w, and need recommendation on quality/cheapest hd 7770 card. Also, can someone tell me the difference between these two card? Why is their memory clock speed different if both are the exact same i think? i don't understand why the one is called 1024mb and the other 1 gb. finally, is it better for a card to have a higher gb than the bit (like 1 gb 128 bit card) thank you.

System Model: Inspiron 620

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6056MB RAM
Page File: 3034MB used, 9077MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found

Display Memory: 1696 MB
Dedicated Memory: 64 MB
Shared Memory: 1632 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: HP 2511 Series Wide LCD Monitor
Monitor Model: HP 2511
Monitor Id: HWP293F
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about bought 450w advice best cheapest 7770
  1. i think these two version are the cheapest and best card at the moment, but i still would like recommendations as well. thanks
  2. quick question. will i be able to buy an i5 chipset in the future and replace the i3 without any problems? is it better to switch out the whole computer? i'm not sure whether newer computers have better motherboards and circuitry than predecessors, but i did want to save money and just replace the chip and video card in future.

also, is the video card the main component that will decide whether your computer can play your game or not? b/c i feel like I can keep using the i3 for a long time and just update the video card and i'll be fine. thanks
  3. Yes you can get a i5 and replace your i3. As for the 7770 then I'd get a xfx they have best warranty imo
  4. Best answer
    chinesepug said:
    quick question. will i be able to buy an i5 chipset in the future and replace the i3 without any problems? is it better to switch out the whole computer? i'm not sure whether newer computers have better motherboards and circuitry than predecessors, but i did want to save money and just replace the chip and video card in future.

also, is the video card the main component that will decide whether your computer can play your game or not? b/c i feel like I can keep using the i3 for a long time and just update the video card and i'll be fine. thanks
    As long as you buy a Sandy Bridge processor. The Dell Inspiron 620's BIOS doesn't support any Ivy Bridge processors.

With some games the CPU performance does make a noticeable difference.
  5. can someone answer my remaining questions if possible? thank you
  6. sorry, the link is here.

just bought antec- vp 450w, and need recommendation on quality/cheapest hd 7770 card. Also, can someone tell me the difference between these two card? Why is their memory clock speed different if both are the exact same i think? i don't understand why the one is called 1024mb and the other 1 gb. finally, is it better for a card to have a higher gb than the bit (like 1 gb 128 bit card) thank you.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/387845/H777F1G2M_iCooler_Radeon_HD_7770_1024MB_GDDR5_PCIe_30_x16_Video_Card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161402

i think one of these two are the best ones right now. would this be a good choice? and which one is better. thanks
  7. Best answer selected by chinesepug.
  8. chinesepug said:
    sorry, the link is here.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/387845/H777F1G2M_iCooler_Radeon_HD_7770_1024MB_GDDR5_PCIe_30_x16_Video_Card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161402

i think one of these two are the best ones right now. would this be a good choice? and which one is better. thanks

They are exactly the same card. Just look at the model number.

1024 MB = 1 GB

Memory Clock: 1125MHz SDR = 4500MHz QDR

They are just different ways of describing exactly the same specification.
  9. thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards HD Memory Graphics Product