I'm looking for a new GPU

I'm looking to upgrade my current GPU, I currently have a GTS 450 which plays a few games a full settings like Fallout, Black ops, GTA 4 etc, but the frames hover around 40 ps. But I am going to be getting some new games also such as Black oPs 2 and hopefully GTA 5 when it arrives. So I'm looking for something that packs a bit more punch. l My budget is £100, I'd rather not spend any more than that if need be. I was looking at a GTX 650 Ti, overclocked for £93, but just wondering if Theres anything slightly better for slightly more, an AMD Radeon card or something.
My CPU is FX4170 and I have 8GB of ram and a 780W PSU
If you need any other info let me know
Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. I'd go radeon for free Farcry 3. 7770 is within your budget or you can stretch it a little and get a 7850.
  2. HD6870 or HD7850 would be my choice if you want little more. http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Catalyst_12.11_Performance/23.html
  3. Thank you both for the replies, Ill look at both cards a make a decision later, I may go for Radeon instead of nVidia
  4. Hey guys, I've decided that im gonna go for the HD7850, and im just wondering if it will bottleneck with my CPU (FX 4170)
  5. 4170 will not bottleneck it
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Games Graphics