Nvidia overscan issues

HDmac

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2008
Hello, I just picked up an old projector tv and am using it to play movies from my computer... I had to get a converter to change the HDMI to component and everything works well on low resolutions. Once I switch to 720+ I get overscan issues and the desktop is pushed to the left. Nvidia had taken the overscan options out of control panel quite awhile ago...

Anyone know a solution or workaround to this? I don't want to have to simply reduce my resolution to fit the TV, the border left behind is unsightly. :sweat:

Your old CRT TV will not support resolutions higher than 720x576 or 640x480 (depends on where the TV was manufactured). Forcing 720p video on it will not increase the video quality, and will only introduce artifacts. These artifacts aren't caused by your computer, but by the TV which is unable to recognize the signal properly. Remember, old TVs do not send response signal, which means the computer has no way to control what is drawn there, and in the result, it means that the video will display the signal how it understands it.

HDmac

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2008

It is not a CRT, it is an HDTV rear projection, and there are no artifacts, its an overscan issue (possibly caused by the converter). The TV does not have any settings to adjust the overscan or any auto adjust features.