Desktop Renderer Primary/Gaming Rig Alternate

josephcase

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: Within the next 3 months MIN. (I understand that time = money or discounts) However I am concerned over compatibility :fou: and performance :love: )
Budget Range: currently $3000.00 +/- $500 :pt1cable:
System Usage from Most to Least Important: (Rendering in 1080HD, video editing, gaming, MMO, surfing the internet T-1 LAN IS NON-EXISTANT HERE :fou: , NEED WIRELESS OPTIONS based on 3G Lte-HSDPA/HSUPA 21Mbs Max speed available :heink: )
Are you buying a monitor: No (Using Hitachi HD TV 40” capable of 1080HD, 1920x1080)
Parts to Upgrade: (e.g.: CPU, MoBo, RAM)
Do you need to buy OS: No
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: ( newegg.com, ncix.com, or direct manufacturer anything that can ship to Mil address, APO AE :sarcastic: )
Location: Deployed in Kuwait :sol: , Middle East for extended period :cry:
Parts Preferences: (I would like to have upgrade-ability for future processors or video cards)
Over-clocking: Maybe
SLI or Crossfire: Yes /SLi
Monitor Resolution: (1920x1080, 1920x1200)
Additional Comments: (Using a Corsair Obsidian 800D case, I would like as quiet a PC as possible, I again understand the limits of my choice).
List of specific software (DAZ 3D, MAYA, POSER PRO, ADOBE CS 6 Master-Full Ed.).
Games I’m using (ME3, CRYSIS3 [when it comes out], MS Flight Sim X with 10 meter DEMS of USA and 30 meter DEMS of EUROPE, MMO-[EVE] ).
Why Are You Upgrading: (e.g. I'm having trouble rendering a “removed” SIMULATION MOD and need to improve time rendering to meet requirements ) The gaming side is to blow off steam from work.

I'm planning to purchase the following......(these were newegg listings)

MoBo: ASRock X79 Extreme11 LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard
Video : (x4) EVGA 04G-P4-3689-KR GeForce GTX 680 Classified 4GB Hydro Copper 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 SLI Support Video Card
Processor: Intel Core i7-3970X Extreme Edition Sandy Bridge-E 3.5GHz (4.0GHz Turbo) LGA 2011 150W Six-Core Desktop Processor
SSD/OS Drive: (x1) OCZ Vector Series VTR1-25SAT3-256G 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC
RAM: CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 64GB (8 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 Desktop Memory
HHD: (x2) in RAID 0; Seagate Barracuda STBD3000100 3TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Kit
DVD/Blu: (x2) ASUS Black Blu-ray Burner SATA BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS
Water Cooling MoBo, Drives, RAM: (May switch to different system for size limits)
CORSAIR Hydro Series H100 (CWCH100) Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
Water Cooling Video Cards: (May switch to different system for size limits)
CORSAIR Hydro Series H100 (CWCH100) Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
EK or Frozen CP will most likely be my main source of cooling on the MoBo. I know, why 2 units :eek: but if I'm using the 4 video cards I want to keep them cool WITHOUT running preheated coolant from the MoBo :non:

Still need Wireless card options :??: AND a Power Supply.
I will be Modding the AIR INTAKES to see if can fit HEPA class filters :sweat: as dust here is OUTRAGEOUS :eek: :eek: even in hard-sites!!

Thank You for YHO's I need further ideas before this purchase goes through, (refer to first sentence please.)

Deployed in Kuwait

angaddev

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
So you want shipping to Kuwait or the US?
My build for you
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/uLPI
3960x is not worth it, the 3930k is also VERY powerful.
4x 7970s will be better as 7970s have better compute performance and will be faster for rendering, and 32gb ram should be more than enough Also the 2 SSDs in RAID 0 will provide much better disk performance.
feel free to add a cool case water cooling etc etc

josephcase

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012

It would have to be shipped to Kuwait hopefully through APO if us postal is available or FED EX which we can receive, I have the address for FED EX here.

Unfortunately I am an intel and nVidia kind of guy for preference. I just found out MIPS offers a water block for the ASROCK board. The latest review of budget builds showed that a 660 OC Ti is good but I'm looking for something at a MIN of 3GB video each prefer 4GB. Problem is the x79 Extreme 11 shows that the biggest nVidia board it takes is 1.7 Gb. I'm now at an impasse, I need a 2011 socket board, with SLi Max 4 cards at 3 or 4 Gb each.
This is like a kick in the %$^& because some system boards support one thing and not another.

Please advise on possibilities.

Thank You very much on your reply.

Deployed in Kuwait.

josephcase

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
Maybe so but I've been here 2 yrs now and been extended, so when its 42C/107F min in summer and my AC goes out I cant afford to interrupt work hence the water-cooling. My main concerns nVidia cards in 3 or 4 Gb for this board, if not then what board can I use, and supports 2011 socket.

angaddev

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012

What do you mean 3 or 4 gb? You can use any board as long as it has 4 pcie slots...