Sigma 18-200 for 20D any comments

Last response: in Digital Camera
June 13, 2005 1:54:14 AM

Has anyone purchased or used this lens?

Opinions?

More about : sigma 200 20d comments

Anonymous
June 13, 2005 7:21:49 AM

The camera deserves better. Don't do it.

"rl92821" <rl92821@navix.net> wrote in message
> Has anyone purchased or used this lens?
>
> Opinions?

Anonymous
June 13, 2005 7:21:50 AM

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 03:21:49 GMT, "Pete D" <no@email.com> wrote:

>The camera deserves better. Don't do it.

What like Canon's kit zoom? Ha Ha!
-Rich
June 13, 2005 10:23:24 AM

> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 03:21:49 GMT, "Pete D" <no@email.com> wrote:
>
>>The camera deserves better. Don't do it.
>
> What like Canon's kit zoom? Ha Ha!
> -Rich

Hardly.
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 10:29:29 AM

rl92821 wrote:
> Has anyone purchased or used this lens?
>
> Opinions?

I have the Sigma 18-200mm 1:3.5-6.3 lens for £226, which was recommended
to me by the shop I bought it from as a good addition to the kit lens
included with the canon 350D.

Have to say that I've been impressed with some of the shots that I've
taken with it so far, but then again I've only just acquired a D/SLR so
maybe I'm just seeing the difference between using a P&S and a D/SLR
right now.

Regards,

--
JasonB
Anonymous

jasonb wrote:
> rl92821 wrote:
>
>> Has anyone purchased or used this lens?
>>
>> Opinions?
>>
> I have the Sigma 18-200mm 1:3.5-6.3 lens for £226, which was recommended
> to me by the shop I bought it from as a good addition to the kit lens
> included with the canon 350D.
>
> Have to say that I've been impressed with some of the shots that I've
> taken with it so far, but then again I've only just acquired a D/SLR so
> maybe I'm just seeing the difference between using a P&S and a D/SLR
> right now.

I have the Sigma 18-200 also. I didn't expect much but its performance
has suprised me. Considering the price I think its a good lens. It
isn't much for low light shooting but as a walk around daytime lens it
works quite well.
!