• SPARKLE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PNY

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

Daratum

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
Hey everyone, after much deliberation I've decided to upgrade my Gtx 470 to a 670 card but to my surprise I'm seeing a lot of manufacturers selling them but don't know which to choose from! What do you think would be the most beneficial?

jrmurph3

Honorable
May 5, 2012
Personally, I have an EVGA GTX 660 ti and it seems to do what I need it too. I understand the fans on EVGA products aren't as good as others, but I don't see temps over 65C on a constant load. From reading throughout the forums, people seem to like MSI and ZOTAC quite a bit.

I would go with EVGA from this standpoint yes the other cards may have better coolers and yes they may be faster performing cards but with the amount of money you put in your card its nice to have a company that has great support and will make any problems you may face painless and I know from experience that EVGA does an amazing job at fixing the problem. They also have a step it up program which allows you within the firs 90 days that you have the card to upgrade it to a different card say for example the next set of cards comes up next month you could trade your card in for that unlikely but there is a good scenario.

EVGA: 1 week turn around on RMA
Gigabyte 2-3 week turn around on a RMA
Asus: I'm unsure about but they have amazing coolers and are highly rated with the 670's
MSI: Msi has great cooling and great technology like there back spinning fans on startup to kick out the dust from the card.
Zotac: another good company although I don't know much about them.

Anik8

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
too many problems arise with gigabyte cards,good customer service should be considered a secondary view.
evga uses cheap stock coolers and still overclocks their cards,however people aren't too much afraid as they've the best CS.
asus provides best balance between cooling and factory OC,they also keep their cards pretty quiet and thus is worth considering.
msi provides voltage boosted cards with best cooling solution and better grade components so their cards can endure most.
That said,I'll always go with the non-reference-designed msi cards.

abbadon_34

Distinguished

huh, seems they only make low end Nvdia borads now, when did this happen? I still have a couple (formerly)high end cards with double-lifetime warranty.

edit: formerly high end

nvidia likes to play dirty, its just how they roll.

Hey bigcyco did my faildozer deliver the pileofshiz to your dump :p No but seriously I can understand there position nvidia's that is if its true you don't see many manufactures that go both ways maybe gigabyte and asus and msi oh what am I talking about stupid nvidia on that one :p

ASUS makes great high end cards only question is does it really warrant the extra cost over the EVGA FTW cards? Customer Service isn't something to scuff at.

Your faildozer try to deliver the pileofshiz to my dump but could not quite pull it off.

TRENDING THREADS