Solved

I need some opinions. 660ti SC vs. 680 SC sig 2

I purchased EVGA's 660ti SC graphics card and I managed to have some extra cash. Seeing as I can't just return this card to the computer shop and have to go through EVGA for anything now that I've purchased it, I went online and found their step up program.

So my main concern is whether or not I should go for it? Should I step up to the GTX 680 superclocked signature 2 model? Should I wait?

What I'm after: GTX 680 SC Sig 2

What I have: GTX 660 ti

Please don't post stuff like "get the 680" and other pointless posts. I would like to have opinions and information to back up why you would choose one or the other.

Thanks!
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about opinions 660ti
  1. Well if i do it really would depend on how much extra is it going to cost if the answer is $150 i would not bother with doing it.
  2. Yea, something like that. From what I understand, it would cost the difference of the two cards, plus shipping my card there, and you have to purchase an extended warranty for $20 just to qualify for the step up program. I compared the specs and , to me, the 680 didn't really seem that better off than the current 660ti that I own. Of course, too, I'm not really all that familiar with computer parts, yet.

So, I'm going to start considering holding onto this one for a while and wait for the 700? series to come out.
  3. Another thought: Is there any other EVGA GPU that would be worth bumping up to from the 660ti SC model?
  4. Best answer
    Not that i am aware of supposedly the org. EVGA FTW!Is evga best card though i don't know if that's by facts or fanboy talk lol.
  5. Best answer selected by jrmurph3.
  6. bigcyco1 said:
    Not that i am aware of supposedly the org. EVGA FTW!Is evga best card though i don't know if that's by facts or fanboy talk lol.

Forget it, then! Lol! I'll just wait for the next series of GPU's are released. Thanks bigcyco1
  7. No problem anytime bud.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards EVGA Graphics