Sign in with
Your question

Graphical problems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 13, 2012 6:08:25 AM

I'm not sure what is causing these anomalies when I'm playing 3D rendered games. Holes in the surface of walls and ground. Flashes of what looks like miss-placed textures randomly appear. It seems to start after a few hours of playing. Possibly an over heating issue? I probably answered my own question though. What should I look for and how can I diagnose it?

More about : graphical problems

November 13, 2012 6:31:31 AM

install evga ocsanner x check on the enable scanner box,run the different types of GPU stress tests it offers about 30 mins each.[Monitor closely,stop the test whenever artifacts are detected]
If artifacts are reported its bad news,you'll have to return to the stock clocks of your gpu.If you're already in stock clock speeds you should have to RMA your card.
m
l
November 13, 2012 8:11:05 AM

Ok I installed a temp reader for my system called PC-Wizard. My GPU peaks at about 50 degrees when im playing games so its not over heating. Its and Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 and its got a decent cooling system.
m
l
November 13, 2012 12:01:29 PM

did you read what i said?get that software,its free to download,however you need to sign up,here:
http://www.evga.com/ocscanner/
Now try out my instructions.
m
l
!