Graphic card suggestion

Hello,

i have a two year old computer with
Processor - AMD Phenom II x2 545 clocked at 3.0ghz
motherboard - Gigabyte M61PME-S2P
Ram - 4gb DDR2
PSU - 450watt

i want to change the graphic card for home use. i have nvidia 9800gt at present so want to change it as it is damaged
9 answers Last reply
More about graphic card suggestion
  1. 7750. Better than the 9800GT for gaming if you decide to. It doesn't need a power connector. It gets all of it 60wattish power off the motherboard.
  2. ProVisionOman said:
    7750. Better than the 9800GT for gaming if you decide to. It doesn't need a power connector. It gets all of it 60wattish power off the motherboard.


    Meh it's not that much better though. Maybe 20% increase max.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161402

    Best price/performance card right now (IMO).
  3. not knowing what PSU you have the 7750 is a safe bet, but chances are you could run a more powerful card like a 7850
  4. samuelspark said:
    Meh it's not that much better though. Maybe 20% increase max.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161402

    Best price/performance card right now (IMO).

    +1

    If you were running a 9800GT on your system, you can run this card - and you should see about a 40% performance boost, especially in newer games. The HD 7770 overclocks very well, too.
  5. thanks guys for the suggestion but ill consider the HD7770 for the change but will that thing work with the PSU of 450watt?

    can anyone tell be about the nvidia 630gt?
  6. I missed the part about the 9800gt (great card) you should be able to run a 7850. As for the the 630gt it's crap, if you already have it you it MAY be able to use it for dedicated physics, otherwise pretend it never existed. 9800 ... 700 ... 600 ... 500 ... 400 ... and finally 300
  7. ujay said:
    thanks guys for the suggestion but ill consider the HD7770 for the change but will that thing work with the PSU of 450watt?

    can anyone tell be about the nvidia 630gt?


    Yea. If you run a 9800 right now, you can run a 7770.
  8. If you can stretch your budget go with: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125443
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product