ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 question...

Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

I finally upgraded to a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and can play BF2 now!!!
Look awesome!!! I can finally fly a chopper and not crash!!!

Have it set at High quality and runs good on 16 player maps
offline... Still need to see what happen's online :-)

But there is one glitch... Parts of the ground or tree's turn bright
white once in a while at random!

I am running the latest drivers for my card.

Anyone else have this problem and know the solution?

Oh and my system specs:

Windows XP Pro SP2
Pentium 4 2.53 GHz CPU
Intel D845PEBT2 Motherboard
1.0 GB DDR 333MHZ PC2700 RAM (Kingston ValueRAM)
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 129 video card
SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Zs Gamer Sound Card
2x120 GB Western Digital HD's
1x160 GB Western Digital Serial ATA HD
ViewSonic A90f+ 19in Monitor
Cambridge Soundworks DTT3500 Digital 5/1 System

Thank's for any help in this!

Moondog2010
5 answers Last reply
More about radeon 9800 question
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Moondog wrote:
    >
    > I finally upgraded to a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and can play BF2 now!!!
    > Look awesome!!! I can finally fly a chopper and not crash!!!
    >
    > Have it set at High quality and runs good on 16 player maps
    > offline... Still need to see what happen's online :-)
    >
    > But there is one glitch... Parts of the ground or tree's turn bright
    > white once in a while at random!
    >
    > I am running the latest drivers for my card.
    >
    > Anyone else have this problem and know the solution?
    >
    > Oh and my system specs:
    >
    > Windows XP Pro SP2
    > Pentium 4 2.53 GHz CPU
    > Intel D845PEBT2 Motherboard
    > 1.0 GB DDR 333MHZ PC2700 RAM (Kingston ValueRAM)
    > ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 129 video card
    > SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Zs Gamer Sound Card
    > 2x120 GB Western Digital HD's
    > 1x160 GB Western Digital Serial ATA HD
    > ViewSonic A90f+ 19in Monitor
    > Cambridge Soundworks DTT3500 Digital 5/1 System
    >
    > Thank's for any help in this!
    >
    > Moondog2010

    check that your AGP BIOS aperture is at least 128MB
    this is the system memory that the card uses for buffering textures.
    and also latest ATI drivers from ati.com might help or the Omega ones.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Moondog" <ralphc@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > Have it set at High quality and runs good on 16 player maps
    > offline... Still need to see what happen's online :-)

    Try textures on medium, and dynamic shadows on low.

    L.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 09:28:34 +0100, "Lorian" <nospam@lorian.nod> wrote:

    >
    >"Moondog" <ralphc@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> Have it set at High quality and runs good on 16 player maps
    >> offline... Still need to see what happen's online :-)
    >
    >Try textures on medium, and dynamic shadows on low.
    >
    >L.
    >
    Ok thanks ill try that. All ready did the other stuff and it seems to
    be better. Still get some glitches though.

    Moondog
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Moondog" <ralphc@gmail.com> wrote in message
    news:iv7nc19s4l0rs83tm3a4q724shasv0mrp5@4ax.com...
    > On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 09:28:34 +0100, "Lorian" <nospam@lorian.nod> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>"Moondog" <ralphc@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Have it set at High quality and runs good on 16 player maps
    >>> offline... Still need to see what happen's online :-)
    >>
    >>Try textures on medium, and dynamic shadows on low.
    >>
    >>L.
    >>
    > Ok thanks ill try that. All ready did the other stuff and it seems to
    > be better. Still get some glitches though.

    There are some graphic optimisations in the 1.01 fix out later today, that
    might help too.

    L.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 10:58:48 +0100, "Lorian" <nospam@lorian.nod> wrote:

    >
    >"Moondog" <ralphc@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >news:iv7nc19s4l0rs83tm3a4q724shasv0mrp5@4ax.com...
    >> On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 09:28:34 +0100, "Lorian" <nospam@lorian.nod> wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>>"Moondog" <ralphc@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>>> Have it set at High quality and runs good on 16 player maps
    >>>> offline... Still need to see what happen's online :-)
    >>>
    >>>Try textures on medium, and dynamic shadows on low.
    >>>
    >>>L.
    >>>
    >> Ok thanks ill try that. All ready did the other stuff and it seems to
    >> be better. Still get some glitches though.
    >
    >There are some graphic optimisations in the 1.01 fix out later today, that
    >might help too.
    >
    >L.
    >


    Got the patch and installed it...

    No good.

    Look's like the need a patch to fix this patch... hahah

    Nice try but they need to try harder...

    Moondog
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon ATI Video Games