Hello everyone. I have been saving up for a very long time and I’m finally going to buy the computer that I always wanted. I know just a little more than your average person which means that I don’t know much. =) Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Main Purpose: Office – A lot of windows with spreadsheets
Secondary Purpose - Movies and light gaming
I7 3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4 Ghz
GPU: GTX 650 2 Gigs
Hard Drive: Samsung 830 Series 256 Gigs
Operating System: Windows 8, 64 bit
Blu Ray Reader – CD/DVD Combo
Four 23’’ Asus Monitors
Purchase Site: CyberPowerPC.com
1. Do I need a fan for this build? CPU fan? Hard drive fan?
2. What kind of motherboard do I need? There are so many options. Does it make a difference?
3. What kind of memory? I was going to go for a 16 gigs but I don’t know which brand and type.
4. What kind of power supply do I need?
5. Can this video card be set up to display 4 monitors at once?
6. Anything else that you guys can recommend that I should add on?
7. Cyberpowerpc.com looks pretty cheap but is the site reputable?
cyberpower are not very reputable. I am a strong advocate of build it yourself rigs. for the PSU buy a Corsair CX600, you will not be needing 800W for your system. For the memory, get the cheapest brand, Corsair, GSkill, Crucial, Mushkin, A-Data are all good. Also be sure to buy DDR3-1600 or you will end up with slow memory.