Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

9500 web browsing

Tags:
  • Nokia
Last response: in Brands
Share
February 15, 2005 2:10:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Hi there,

I just got my first Nokia Communicator and I've already fallen in love with
it. My only problem is with the web browser.

First of all, I have to keep flipping from left to right to see an entire
page. Is there any way around this? I've got a Pocket PC and I know
there's an add in program for that which fixes the page width.

Secondly, every time I try and enter a web page directly I get an error
message. The only way I can go to a page is to add it as a bookmark. I
haven't done anything to it to change anything and I'm wondering if this is
a widespread error.

More about : 9500 web browsing

Anonymous
February 20, 2005 5:19:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Control "M" will resize the page. I have no problems entering an address
and going to the page so I can not help you on the second point.


"JB" <flaxton_uk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:1108422657.14161.0@doris.uk.clara.net...
> Hi there,
>
> I just got my first Nokia Communicator and I've already fallen in love
with
> it. My only problem is with the web browser.
>
> First of all, I have to keep flipping from left to right to see an entire
> page. Is there any way around this? I've got a Pocket PC and I know
> there's an add in program for that which fixes the page width.
>
> Secondly, every time I try and enter a web page directly I get an error
> message. The only way I can go to a page is to add it as a bookmark. I
> haven't done anything to it to change anything and I'm wondering if this
is
> a widespread error.
>
>
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 3:54:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

JB wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I just got my first Nokia Communicator and I've already fallen in love with
> it. My only problem is with the web browser.
>
> First of all, I have to keep flipping from left to right to see an entire
> page. Is there any way around this?

Ctrl M and Ctrl T to see and to adapt entire page to screen.

> Secondly, every time I try and enter a web page directly I get an error
> message. The only way I can go to a page is to add it as a bookmark. I
> haven't done anything to it to change anything and I'm wondering if this is
> a widespread error.

Never happened; use Ctrl O to go to a specific page.
Related resources
February 21, 2005 1:50:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"£1V€rM0®€" <user@localhost.net> wrote in message
news:0M%Rd.567625$b5.26021832@news3.tin.it...
> JB wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I just got my first Nokia Communicator and I've already fallen in love
>> with it. My only problem is with the web browser.
>>
>> First of all, I have to keep flipping from left to right to see an entire
>> page. Is there any way around this?
>
> Ctrl M and Ctrl T to see and to adapt entire page to screen.
>

Thanks for the tips, both of those seem to work for me.

>
> Never happened; use Ctrl O to go to a specific page.
>

This is the error when I try to go to a web page:

d:\system\apps\opera\opera.mbm

folder not found

I reused an old MMC I had from my 3650 and I wonder now if I've screwed it
up some how.
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 3:06:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

JB Wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I just got my first Nokia Communicator and I've already fallen in love
> with
> it. My only problem is with the web browser.
>
> First of all, I have to keep flipping from left to right to see an
> entire
> page. Is there any way around this? I've got a Pocket PC and I know
> there's an add in program for that which fixes the page width.
>
> Secondly, every time I try and enter a web page directly I get an
> error
> message. The only way I can go to a page is to add it as a bookmark.
> I
> haven't done anything to it to change anything and I'm wondering if
> this is
> a widespread error.

Hi,
I am also having a smilar problem,
On the web browser when I press Open Web address or use Ctrl-O to open
a page my browser gives me the error "D:\system\apps\opera\opera.mbm
Unexpected end of file".

I bought my 9500 in the UK ( SOLD by Vodafone) I am using it with
Rogers wireless in canada.

PLEASE HELP
Thanks


--
tt500
May 11, 2005 4:40:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Have you guys solved this?
Becuse Opera is on ROM not the MMC, if you are using an old card from
another symbian phone make sure there are no apps on it as they are
incompatible.

Alan

(sorry for late post just found the group)

"tt500" <tt500.1l8te0@news.cellbanter.com> wrote in message
news:tt500.1l8te0@news.cellbanter.com...
>
> JB Wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I just got my first Nokia Communicator and I've already fallen in love
>> with
>> it. My only problem is with the web browser.
>>
>> First of all, I have to keep flipping from left to right to see an
>> entire
>> page. Is there any way around this? I've got a Pocket PC and I know
>> there's an add in program for that which fixes the page width.
>>
>> Secondly, every time I try and enter a web page directly I get an
>> error
>> message. The only way I can go to a page is to add it as a bookmark.
>> I
>> haven't done anything to it to change anything and I'm wondering if
>> this is
>> a widespread error.
>
> Hi,
> I am also having a smilar problem,
> On the web browser when I press Open Web address or use Ctrl-O to open
> a page my browser gives me the error "D:\system\apps\opera\opera.mbm
> Unexpected end of file".
>
> I bought my 9500 in the UK ( SOLD by Vodafone) I am using it with
> Rogers wireless in canada.
>
> PLEASE HELP
> Thanks
>
>
> --
> tt500
!