9500 web browsing

Hi there,

I just got my first Nokia Communicator and I've already fallen in love with
it. My only problem is with the web browser.

First of all, I have to keep flipping from left to right to see an entire
page. Is there any way around this? I've got a Pocket PC and I know
there's an add in program for that which fixes the page width.

Secondly, every time I try and enter a web page directly I get an error
message. The only way I can go to a page is to add it as a bookmark. I
haven't done anything to it to change anything and I'm wondering if this is
a widespread error.
5 answers Last reply
More about 9500 browsing

    Control "M" will resize the page. I have no problems entering an address
    and going to the page so I can not help you on the second point.

    JB wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I just got my first Nokia Communicator and I've already fallen in love with
    > it. My only problem is with the web browser.
    >
    > First of all, I have to keep flipping from left to right to see an entire
    > page. Is there any way around this?

    Ctrl M and Ctrl T to see and to adapt entire page to screen.

    > Secondly, every time I try and enter a web page directly I get an error
    > message. The only way I can go to a page is to add it as a bookmark. I
    > haven't done anything to it to change anything and I'm wondering if this is
    > a widespread error.

    Never happened; use Ctrl O to go to a specific page.

    "£1V€rM0®€" <user@localhost.net> wrote in message
    > JB wrote:
    >> Hi there,
    >>
    >> I just got my first Nokia Communicator and I've already fallen in love
    >> with it. My only problem is with the web browser.
    >>
    >> First of all, I have to keep flipping from left to right to see an entire
    >> page. Is there any way around this?
    >
    > Ctrl M and Ctrl T to see and to adapt entire page to screen.

    Thanks for the tips, both of those seem to work for me.

    > Never happened; use Ctrl O to go to a specific page.

    This is the error when I try to go to a web page:

    d:\system\apps\opera\opera.mbm

    folder not found

    I reused an old MMC I had from my 3650 and I wonder now if I've screwed it
    up some how.

    JB Wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I just got my first Nokia Communicator and I've already fallen in love
    > with
    > it. My only problem is with the web browser.
    >
    > First of all, I have to keep flipping from left to right to see an
    > entire
    > page. Is there any way around this? I've got a Pocket PC and I know
    > there's an add in program for that which fixes the page width.
    >
    > Secondly, every time I try and enter a web page directly I get an
    > error
    > message. The only way I can go to a page is to add it as a bookmark.
    > haven't done anything to it to change anything and I'm wondering if
    > this is
    > a widespread error.

    Hi,
    I am also having a smilar problem,
    On the web browser when I press Open Web address or use Ctrl-O to open
    a page my browser gives me the error "D:\system\apps\opera\opera.mbm
    Unexpected end of file".

    I bought my 9500 in the UK ( SOLD by Vodafone) I am using it with
    Rogers wireless in canada.

    PLEASE HELP
    Thanks

    --
    tt500

    Have you guys solved this?
    Becuse Opera is on ROM not the MMC, if you are using an old card from
    another symbian phone make sure there are no apps on it as they are
    incompatible.

    Alan

    (sorry for late post just found the group)

    "tt500" <tt500.1l8te0@news.cellbanter.com> wrote in message

    > JB Wrote:
    >> Hi there,
    >>
    >> I just got my first Nokia Communicator and I've already fallen in love
    >> with
    >> it. My only problem is with the web browser.
    >>
    >> First of all, I have to keep flipping from left to right to see an
    >> entire
    >> page. Is there any way around this? I've got a Pocket PC and I know
    >> there's an add in program for that which fixes the page width.
    >>
    >> Secondly, every time I try and enter a web page directly I get an
    >> error
    >> message. The only way I can go to a page is to add it as a bookmark.
    >> haven't done anything to it to change anything and I'm wondering if
    >> this is
    >> a widespread error.
    >
    > Hi,
    > I am also having a smilar problem,
    > On the web browser when I press Open Web address or use Ctrl-O to open
    > a page my browser gives me the error "D:\system\apps\opera\opera.mbm
    > Unexpected end of file".
    >
    > I bought my 9500 in the UK ( SOLD by Vodafone) I am using it with
    > Rogers wireless in canada.
    >
    > PLEASE HELP
    > Thanks
    >

    > --