Hello,
i am going to build a pc
i7 3770k
asrock h61m-ps2 motherboard
1 dvd drive,etc
msi shows that i have 419 watt power requirement
inculding an hd 6870
will crosair 450w suit me,
i am not going to overclock any thing now .
please dont comment on anythig else
poor english sorry
11 answers Last reply
More about crosair 450w
  1. Yes it will be able to run it. Just bare in mind that HD6870 needs two power connectors from the PSU.
  2. okay, since you do not mention your corsair series, i'll guess it's a corsair vs450..

Quick and dirty analysis about this unit..

1. corsair vs450 has short cables (24pin & 8pin are only 45cm)..it will be trouble some if you use huge case..230v only

2. corsair vs450 is using, well.., not a very decent caps (JunFu on the primary & secondary is a mix of JunFu & SamXon).

3. corsair vs450 based on CWT's GPA platform..
    well, not a great design, the GPA is half a step away from trash. you can say this is cheapest unit you could reasonably put in your PC with no fear of exploding.. :D

well, I wouldn't pay money for such a unit, and I don't get why brands such as Corsair bring such crap to market.

Even cx430v2 version much better than this unit, 4-6% efficiency gains, longer cables, & better caps (all SamXon is better than a mix with JunFu.)

Lastly, well, anyhow..you'll overclock your processor..:)..since it is k version..
    Get slighty bigger psu for safety..

Conclusion:

Get another psu..:)

Get Seasonic S12II Bronze 520 W or at least Corsair CX500v2..
  3. MSI SHOWED THAT I HAVE MAXIMUM POWER REQUIRED LESS THAN 420W .SO I AM ASKING WILL CORSAIR 450W VS450 WILL RUN MY COMPUTER.I AM NOT GOING TO OVERCLOCK NOW.SO DON'T CONSIDER OVERCLOCKING.
  4. sarggames said:
    MSI SHOWED THAT I HAVE MAXIMUM POWER REQUIRED LESS THAN 420W .SO I AM ASKING WILL CORSAIR 450W VS450 WILL RUN MY COMPUTER.I AM NOT GOING TO OVERCLOCK NOW.SO DON'T CONSIDER OVERCLOCKING.

I give you a consideration about the psu unit that you ask.. :sarcastic:

If you believe so much with that msi site..
    why do you even bother asking about it to this forum? :lol:

and turn off your CAPSLOCK.. :non:
  5. i am not saying i trust msi site .i am simply asking will i be able to run it on that psu . i am not going to add anything else on my pc .will i have some problem in running it on that psu?just building a budget pc
  6. It has been answered that it will run on that PSU but bare in mind that the HD6870 needs two power connectors and since I do not have access to info on that vs450 I do not know if it has 1 or 2. The CX500 does have 2.
    Total system load barely goes over 300watts http://www.anandtech.com/show/3987/amds-radeon-6870-6850-renewing-competition-in-the-midrange-market/20
  7. i want to ask can i buy a power connector as it have only 1.i mean are power connectors available for buying.
  8. yes it will run but just barely
  9. sarggames said:
    i want to ask can i buy a power connector as it have only 1.i mean are power connectors available for buying.

Yes 4pin Molex to either 6 or 8pin PCIe power is readily available.
  10. mohit9206 said:
    yes it will run but just barely

i want to ask that will it explode?.i mean i cannot understand the meaning of running barely
  11. Hardly look at the link I posted it shows just over 300watts total system load under stress test.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics