System not booting with Graphic card installed

XMEN_2012

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2012
Hello,

Please help me to identify the exact problem with my Sapphire HD 6670 GDDR5.

I have bought brand new Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 GDDR5 graphic card couple of week ago. I have installed it properly and it was working great. I have played some games on high setting as well it was great experience.

last night my system shutdown itself, I have tried to reboot with unplugging power cable and also tried with other power supply available at my home. then I uninstalled graphic card and then tried to reboot.. system works fine.. I though it might be graphic card issue(could be burnet) but no physical signs and I was aware of such threat so I always kept my eyes on it. I have fanspeed apps installed through which I'm keeping close eyes on it.. it wasnt above 50C anytime.. even with some hard games..

I went to the local engineer and he tried graphic card with 2-3 other systems but it couldnt worked....

I'm terribly gutted.. it was expensive for me... I have returned to buyer and he assured me to get help from Sapphire and it might get replaced...

My system specs:
PSU - 450W
Intel Dual Core E5200
Asus P5QPL-AM
Corsair - 2GB (1 x 2GB) 800 MHz

I just wanted to know what would be the problem.. what kind of effect makes graphic card such creepy... :(

Solution
Burned is not the right word to use. Overheated is a better word. Smell bad? Not necessarily.

That PSU appears to be of questionable quality as well and could have contributed to the HD6670's demise. I would suggest you purchase a new, better quality PSU from Corsair or Seasonic. Antec is a better brand as well.

XMEN_2012

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2012

Yep,

Actually It wasnt working up to standards so that I did that..

COLGeek

Cybernaut
That is the likely problem then. The HD6670 is a solid entry-level video card that can game well at low-medium graphics settings with many games. However, Ii is not designed to handle the additional stress of overclocking (heat and power) very well.

XMEN_2012

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2012

I didnt seen any signs of burn then,

What would be the problem? I have spoke to dealer, he told me that he'll sending it for check/replace. It is holiday season here so it will take time..

by then I want to make my own analysis so if it could get burned I would be ready for other process..

XMEN_2012

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2012

It was maximum I could do there..

It could have shown some increase in heat then.. it wasnt there... some increament thats all..

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Burned is not the right word to use. Overheated is a better word. Smell bad? Not necessarily.

That PSU appears to be of questionable quality as well and could have contributed to the HD6670's demise. I would suggest you purchase a new, better quality PSU from Corsair or Seasonic. Antec is a better brand as well.

Solution

XMEN_2012

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2012

so.. Is it going be repaired or it is just gone?? It would be hard to get new one soon..

XMEN_2012

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2012

so.. Is it going be repaired or it is just gone?? It would be hard to get new one soon..

XMEN_2012

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2012

XMEN_2012

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2012

I won't be so idiot...

This learnt me a lot.. Dont be so smart with systems if you dont know much!!!

I'm not going to use it in this system any more even if they'll give me new one..

Looking for upgrade..

Intel i3 2125
Asus P8H61M LX
CORSAIR - 4 GB (2 X 2GB)
CORSAIR CX450 WATT

it is all I can afford now!!!