Closed Solved

Will my CPU bottleneck?

I am impatient and don't want to wait months to build a new PC. I want to buy a 7950 with the money I have now to install into my old HP Pavilion. Will the Pentium E5300 @ 2.6Ghz bottleneck that GPU in some games? The games I will be playing will be mostly graphically intensive like BF3, Planetside 2, and such.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will bottleneck
  1. Yes there will be quite a restriction there.

Mactronix :)
  2. mactronix said:
    Yes there will be quite a restriction there.

Mactronix :)

I mean like in BF3. With a (try not to laugh) GT 220 I get ~15 fps in normal game play with all low settings and 720p res.
  3. Poltregeist said:
    I mean like in BF3. With a (try not to laugh) GT 220 I get ~15 fps in normal game play with all low settings and 720p res.

im surprised that cpu can even play bf3. i get a small cpu bottleneck on 64 player maps at stock clocks and my cpu is much better then yours.
  4. Not everyone plays Multiplayer..
  5. I may just get it too for an improvement, and when it comes time to get a new build, I will just carry the GPU over.
  6. kracker said:
    Not everyone plays Multiplayer..

A large majority play only Multiplayer but you are right.
  7. Best answer
    go for it considering you will be using it for your next build. if anything you will get the best performance that is possible with that conroe chip.

it is just a shame that HP won't let you overclocked because of a "locked" BIOS. i had a E5300 a few years ago and overclocked it to 3.8 without breaking a sweat. but i used a heatsink from a q6600.
  8. Best answer selected by Poltregeist.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Bottleneck Graphics