RAW File Viewer

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
June 14, 2005 10:32:39 PM

I need a simple RAW file viewer. Adobe Bridge is not bad, except hitting
ENTER key send you to Photoshop's RAW importer, rather than showing the
picture in full screen. Otherwise, it'd be good enough. What are other
alternatives? TIA.

More about : raw file viewer

June 14, 2005 10:32:40 PM

"leo" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote in message
>I need a simple RAW file viewer. Adobe Bridge is not bad, except hitting
>ENTER key send you to Photoshop's RAW importer, rather than showing the
>picture in full screen. Otherwise, it'd be good enough. What are other
>alternatives? TIA.

Cerious Softaware "Thumbs Plus" has a RAW plugin that works well eneough.
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 10:40:10 PM

On 14 Jun 2005 in rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, leo wrote:

> I need a simple RAW file viewer. Adobe Bridge is not bad, except
> hitting ENTER key send you to Photoshop's RAW importer, rather than
> showing the picture in full screen. Otherwise, it'd be good enough.
> What are other alternatives?

If you're on Windows, IrfanView works very well, albeit it can be a
little slow loading raw files:

http://irfanview.com/

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/

From: "leo" <someone@somewhere.net>

| I need a simple RAW file viewer. Adobe Bridge is not bad, except hitting
| ENTER key send you to Photoshop's RAW importer, rather than showing the
| picture in full screen. Otherwise, it'd be good enough. What are other
| alternatives? TIA.

See the thread started on June 4 in this News Group on this topic entitled "Recommendation
for RAW program"

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm