Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Is the Alienware X51, the 16GB Ram ($1,499) Model Good?

Last response: in Systems
December 29, 2012 6:27:21 PM

I currently use a Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q894

Im planning on buying the Alienware X51 the 16GB Ram model
My Qosmio has some problems of overheating and im sometimes quite tired of it. I usually do Video Editing such as Sony vegas and Adobe After effects, Cinema 4D and Also Use Photoshop, and Play some games such as Minecraft, Battlefield, My computer can handle it but, the main reason im planning on getting the Alienware X51 is so I dont have to worry about Overheating.

The main thing is that, I want to be able to do all my Multitasking, Not worry about overheating, and have speed when rendering videos.
But is the Alienware X51 that much better then My Current Computer?

Best solution

December 29, 2012 9:44:24 PM

when you first bought the laptop did it not overheat? if so i would say bring it to a store and get the dust cleared out. i am going to warn you: alienware computers are way overpriced. i recomend watching a few videos on how to build you own computer and then post in these forums regarding what parts to buy.(you must be careful as some parts are incompatible with others.) you can save a great deal by building your own. if you dont feel comfortible with this then go buy your alienware.

Best of Luck,
clok555
December 30, 2012 1:21:40 AM

Best answer selected by GOOGLEME1.
Score
February 19, 2013 1:33:16 PM

clok555 said:
when you first bought the laptop did it not overheat? if so i would say bring it to a store and get the dust cleared out. i am going to warn you: alienware computers are way overpriced. i recomend watching a few videos on how to build you own computer and then post in these forums regarding what parts to buy.(you must be careful as some parts are incompatible with others.) you can save a great deal by building your own. if you dont feel comfortible with this then go buy your alienware.

Best of Luck,
clok555

Hi, I read your reply to the one who asked the question, Alienware X51 is not overpriced, I did some calculations of price I would get if I build my own, it came out that with everything maxed out, it costed $500 more!! If we talk about any other Alienware Desktop, then yes, it is way overpriced but X51 is a must buy then a custom built!! :bounce: 
Score
!