One fan has really high RPM?

Jamshlfc

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Hi there,

On my NZXT Source 210 Elite, there are 2 case fans, both connected into the SYS_FAN1 and 2 fan headers on the mobo, however, Fan 1, the one at the top of the case is running fine at 600rpm while the CPU fan runs at 600-700rpm, keeping my CPU temps to 30 degrees idle, and 65 max full load on Prime 95. But even at idle, the other case fan continues to run at 1300 rpm, and I have no idea why.

I've tried in the BIOS (on my Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H mobo) to put the system fans on quiet mode and saved changes but they still stay the same. I've also tried Easy Tune 6 to edit the fan speeds, yet that only controls the quieter one, not the noisy one. There's no need for it to run at that speed and its making my PC overly noisy for no reason.

I'm not sure whether its just 1 fan header making the speeds like this or what? But any suggestions?

Thanks for the help guys!
James.

Jamshlfc

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Thanks for the reply! Yup, tried that, and it runs at full speed, I've just tried the same fan in different headers and if I swap the noisy one to the header where the quiet one was then it goes back down to 600 rpm and the other one raises to 1200!

It seems to be only one header that allows slow speeds?