Can I run Planetside 2?

My specks:
Windows 7 64-bit

CPU:Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHZ

RAM: 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz

Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5Q PRO TURBO (LGA 775)

Graphics Card: (1440x900@60Hz) 1023MB GeForce GTX 550 Ti (EVGA)

Also my tower is pretty bad however, bad circulation and half the fans are slowing dying and running slower. This will be remedied but I would like some feedback with this anyway.

So yeah, do you think this Rig could run Planetside2?

~Peace~
5 answers Last reply
More about planetside
  1. The game is really cpu intensive, will you be able to run it would be yes. Would the sights be pretty? not very. Would it be a constant 60? No, you could run it but in big battles over a large area might cause you to get some not so fun FPS rates.
  2. I'd say you'd have to turn every single video setting to Very Low in order to receive a barely playable experience.
  3. Ok thank you for the advide. What do you think I should do to make it run better?
  4. MrSnict said:
    Ok thank you for the advide. What do you think I should do to make it run better?

I'd honestly say, build yourself a new computer? If you want a gaming pc its easy and cheaper than you think.
  5. MrSnict said:
    Ok thank you for the advide. What do you think I should do to make it run better?

Your system is really dated. The only thing that would still be slightly okay is the video card, but even then it's still really weak. I think it has comparable performance to a 5770, which is what I have and I have ot turn down every setting to get a playable experience.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems