AMD FX-6100 or Intel i3 3240?

I have made 2 specifications of computers on a custom PC website one AMD and one Intel and they have identical prices. The processors are the AMD FX-6100 and the Intel i3 3240. They both have 2gb of GTX 650 ti included in them and I was just wondering which one is better, the AMD spec or the Intel Spec?
16 answers Last reply
More about 6100 intel 3240
  1. AMD build for rendering jobs. Intel build for gaming.
  2. FX 6100 for sure
  3. just a side note, what kind of fps do you think that I could get in games like BF3 and Crysis 2 playing at 1680x1050 on MAX settings with the GTX 650 ti 2gb and these processors?.
  4. oxford373 said:

    The FX 6100 is slower than the FX 6300, and the Core i3-3240 is slightly faster than the Core i3-3225.
  5. KeanoTheLegend said:
    just a side note, what kind of fps do you think that I could get in games like BF3 and Crysis 2 playing at 1680x1050 on MAX settings with the GTX 650 ti 2gb and these processors?.

    FX-6300 is best if you play a lot of multi.
  6. The place that I'm customizing my PC doesn't give me that option to buy the 7850 in a 1gb version

    here's where I'm doing the specs, look under the graphics card section.

    http://www.pcspecialist.co.uk/computers/amd-bulldozer-top-spec-pc/
  7. try to buy from this place http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/nDxq
    or if you want some thing cheaper http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/nDzc
    btw,phenom II CPUs faster than all bulldozer FX(fx81xx,61xx,41xx) in games,and piledriver FX(4300,6300,8350) faster than all phenoms in games.
  8. I don't really want to build it my self though so I'll just stick with the original website but what kind of frames do you think I could get on BF3 with the FX 6100 and the 2gb of 650ti?
  9. KeanoTheLegend said:
    I don't really want to build it my self though so I'll just stick with the original website but what kind of frames do you think I could get on BF3 with the FX 6100 and the 2gb of 650ti?


    with that build, i'd expect around mid 40s to mid 50s fps at 1600x1050 resolution with everything maxed out and no AA
  10. i3 will be faster for games than the FX, I told you that already. Going with FX for gaming is a stupid idea, really.
  11. Sunius said:
    i3 will be faster for games than the FX, I told you that already. Going with FX for gaming is a stupid idea, really.

    Especially when it's Bulldozer.
  12. would the i3 be better in every department like rendering and using photoshop?
  13. No. Rendering and photoshop benefits from multicores, and FX 6100 shines at that department with its 6 cores. However, games cannot use more than 2 cores, and i3 is much faster per core than the FX.
  14. KeanoTheLegend said:
    would the i3 be better in every department like rendering and using photoshop?

    for rendering buy fx-6300 or if you want something cheaper then buy phenom II 965, both of them faster for games than fx 6100 and both of them should be faster for rendering than core i3.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Intel AMD Graphics