Closed Solved

Ram wont work

hey guys you probly see me alot on here now lol but i need some help i got duel channel 2x4 ram kit 8gb total but my mobo has 2 ram slots both are duel channel and when i try to use the second slot my screen wont turn on here is my mobo plz help i dont want to have to buy another kit http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131859
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about wont work
  1. Since you know your system boots with one RAM module in the first RAM slot, shut down and unplug the computer. Move the single RAM module into the second RAM slot (leaving the first RAM slot empty). Plug in the system and power up. If the system boots, you have a faulty RAM module. If the system does not boot up, you have a faulty motherboard.

One of the two will need to be replaced.

-Wolf sends
  2. Hi, It might be a CPU socket bent pins issue.
  3. alexoiu said:
    Hi, It might be a CPU socket bent pins issue.

what do you mean
  4. nathanial117 said:
    what do you mean

I mean something like http://assets.overclock.net.s3.amazonaws.com/f/f4/f40cfd62_vbattach120068.jpeg
    if using a newer Intel board.
  5. Best answer
    it could be,

though unlikely the only way you could bend those pins is if you drop one of your tools on it...

also about your problem...
    It does not sound like a ram issue unless it does not boot when only one stick is in(so if you have ram 1 in slot 1 it does not boot and if you have ram 2 in slot 1 it does not boot then this means it is your motherboard)

also you can always just RMA your ram if it is defective
  6. Best answer selected by nathanial117.
  7. was teh problem fixed?
  8. PanicMaster85 said:
    was teh problem fixed?

yes i fixed it i had to mix 2 ram kits together lolo it makes no diffrence there the same specs 1 is PNY the other Gskill
  9. yeah, well hope everything works out for you in the future i was glad to help! :D
  10. PanicMaster85 said:
    yeah, well hope everything works out for you in the future i was glad to help! :D

thanks! you to
  11. :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt RAM Systems Product