Sign in with
Your question

Pc game freeze

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 13, 2012 11:22:14 PM

I've had my custom built rig for about 3 years now and never had any problems... just recently I've been playing my PC games AGAIN :)  and I've noticed my game locks up and makes loud nosies, the lock up very in games apb last about 20 min, while left 4 dead last 5 min max. I've been looking into a lot of forums but haven't been about to find the solution. Any advice/solutions would be greatly appreciated. I have a picture down below to show what happens when computer freezes.

soultions I've tried:
* registry cleaner
*defragmentation
* cleaned out my entire system with duster( also changed thermal compound on CPU)
*installed latest drivers for video card ( also tried the omega drivers)
* tested my GPU with OCCT, tested RAM with mem test, checked my temps on CPU, and GPU and PSU

SPECS
*windows vista ultimate 64 bit
*intel core 2 duo 3ghz
*4 gig of RAM
* Nvidia geforce GTX 280

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz29/mrz0gs1162/photo.jpg <--- after playing l4d 3 mins

More about : game freeze

a c 151 U Graphics card
November 13, 2012 11:50:58 PM

It seems to me like it is overheating.

Run HWMonitor in the background while playing a game and tab out to check temperature of you GPU BEFORE the freeze occurs.

Download link is on the right.
a c 76 U Graphics card
November 14, 2012 12:57:52 AM

check if your video card fan still spin freely and when was the last time you dust of the system
Related resources
November 14, 2012 8:07:08 AM

Novuake said:
It seems to me like it is overheating.

Run HWMonitor in the background while playing a game and tab out to check temperature of you GPU BEFORE the freeze occurs.

Download link is on the right.

temps speeds were all normal right before the game froze the gpu stayed at 50c and the CPUs were at 32c
a c 76 U Graphics card
November 15, 2012 12:25:18 AM

the only parts you did not test are the hdd and the motherboard pci-e slot, if your board got a second pci-e slot try the graphic card in to see if game still freeze.
!