Sign in with
Your question

What do i need to rma my gtx 670?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 14, 2012 1:29:21 AM

I have everything in the box and ready too go but the one thing i dont have is the antistatic bag that came with it... first off is that required to be rma'd? and if so where can i get one that will fit the gtx 670?

thanks in advance! :D 

More about : rma gtx 670

a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2012 2:02:33 AM

What company did you buy from? The RMA process is different for every company. With evga, I didn't have to have the bag, I just wrapped it in bubble wrap and some peanuts. Just follow the process that is on the package and it will be fine.
m
l
Related resources
a c 160 U Graphics card
November 14, 2012 2:52:01 AM

Instead of buying the anti-static bag, ask around, maybe a friend or nearby store as one lying around.

I am assuming you purchased the MSI GTX670 Power Edition???
m
l
November 14, 2012 2:54:54 AM

yes, its not giving me the fps i should get(bf3 instead of 50+ or even 40+ im getting 30-50/60 and in crysis instead of 40-60+ i get 25-60 very strange, even though its overclocked to 1254 :/  also now the overclock does not work it crashes even though before it did not)
m
l
a c 160 U Graphics card
November 14, 2012 3:00:11 AM

PanicMaster85 said:
yes, its not giving me the fps i should get(bf3 instead of 50+ or even 40+ im getting 30-50/60 and in crysis instead of 40-60+ i get 25-60 very strange, even though its overclocked to 1254 :/  also now the overclock does not work it crashes even though before it did not)

Did you know about this?

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/MSI-GTX-660-670-overvo...

Send it back, straight up their... Uhm... Noses...
m
l
November 14, 2012 3:01:28 AM

the message says this
1) For Notebook/AIO RMA (Both MSI Brand & Barebone Notebook/AIO), it is required to return the entire unit including components such as Battery, AC adapter and Optical drive unless instructed not to otherwise. Please remove any passwords (if available) from the OS/BIOS or provide it as a note, otherwise your RMA will not be processed. MSI will repair the defective product to its working condition as originally configured by MSI. MSI is not responsible for any subsequent installation by any third party or by the owner.
Please backup all of your user data on the hard drive before sending in the system.

2)MSI is not responsible for any data loss during RMA process under any circumstances. All systems may be restored to factory defaults at sole discretion of MSI RMA team. If you are unable to backup your data, then please take it to someone that can assist you with this process prior to shipping. The other option is to remove your hard drive from the system prior to shipping if you cannot afford to lose anything. However, if MSI RMA team finds nothing wrong with your system then the issue in question may possibly be related to the operating system or hard drive. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you backup your data and then send the whole system including the hard drive to avoid any possibilities that may prevent us to fully repair your system.

3)For all other products such as Motherboard, VGA, Barebone Desktop PC, you must send in ONLY the item that needs service. Please DO NOT ship any item such as processor, memory, cable, manual, software, cables, clips, and original box otherwise they will not be returned or replaced. Please do not ship RMA with its original carton box if you wish to keep it.

4)You are responsible for the one-way shipping cost from your end to MSI. It is highly recommended that you use couriers such as UPS/FedEx with tracking and insurance. For Out-of-Warranty service, there will be a return shipping fee requested.

5)You must package your RMA items inside a carton box. Please make sure the product is well cushioned and secured using proper packaging materials to prevent shipping damages. We recommend using two inches of padding around the product to prevent shipping damages.

6)MSI is not responsible for any loss or damages caused by shipping or improper packaging.

7)If your RMA has multiple products, please ship them altogether at once.

8)RMA processing time is approximately one to two (1-2) weeks.

im a bit confused is this saying i should send it in a box that ups supplies and not the original box? also i see nothing about a static bag do you?
m
l
November 14, 2012 3:05:08 AM

yes but the thing is i dont want a card that fails on me :(  ugh and i cant return it its already been a month, unless there is another way
m
l
a c 160 U Graphics card
November 14, 2012 3:05:25 AM

The original box will do.
m
l
a c 160 U Graphics card
November 14, 2012 4:44:23 AM

PanicMaster85 said:
yes but the thing is i dont want a card that fails on me :(  ugh and i cant return it its already been a month, unless there is another way

Unfortunately if the card is not giving you any real issues, then you can not RMA it.
m
l
November 14, 2012 10:39:16 AM

well it is... things have been crashing(games) and i just got a bluescreen, i also get low fps in games that i should get higher fps in
m
l
a c 160 U Graphics card
November 14, 2012 1:26:58 PM

CAn you prove it is not driver or software based? Try uninstalling your Nvidia drivers and anything related to it, then downloading the latest of nvidia site, then install and try again.

99% of bluescreens are caused by software, not hardware.
m
l
November 14, 2012 2:34:51 PM

I just did... but my games are still crashing and i am getting about 20fps less than others which is very frustrating
m
l
a c 160 U Graphics card
November 14, 2012 5:56:47 PM

If you really want to be sure, perform a fresh windows install and try again... Then still an issue, RMA the damn card.
m
l
November 14, 2012 9:52:49 PM

ok... i dont have my windows disk though... a few weeks after i built it my dog took down the disk and licked it and scratch it up... sooo how can i counter that?
m
l
!