Hi all,

Ok, I finished the mini ITX build with:

Corsair HX650 PSU
i5-2500k
MSI Radeon 7770 GHz
WD Caviar Black 1 TB HD
Cooler Master Elite 120
Asrock Z77E-ITX

Last night, when I plugged in the chassis fan plug, the wire smoked and burned up. Today, I removed the 80mm fan, thinking that was the culprit and just hooked up the 120mm in the front with the molex connectors. That just smoked and burned up the wires from the chassis fan connector on the mobo to the first molex, too. Could this be the chassis fan connector on the mobo itself? If so, does that mean I have to take it all apart and send it back to Asrock? I don't have any more molex connectors...

Ok, I just tried connecting the front 120mm fan directly to the PSU without attaching it to the chassis fan connector on the mobo and it boots up just fine - does that mean it's the mobo then? Can I just run it with the fans connected to the PSU and forget the chassis fan connector? Is it really that important to control fan speed?

Please, you guys, I swear I'm not trying to be pushy but I'm really sick and I'm trying to take care of all this before the damn doctors put me in the hospital and totally mess me up LOL.

Thanks!