Guild Wars 2 Crashes System

gidgiddonihah

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
My computer is rock solid. I have stress tested RAM, CPU, and GPU. Crysis, BF3, etc all run fine yet Guild Wars 2 loves to crash. It used to just give me a bunch of artifacts and I would have to restart it. I pulled the GPU OC down and then it started giving me BSODS. I increased the RAM and CPU voltage and now it loves to just restart the system. It only happens after about 30 minutes or more of play. Driving me nuts as every test I run it through it passes with flying colors. Specs are in signature.

As Always,
Thanks Ahead! :hello:

cu1993

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
I'm by no means an expert, but I doubt its anything wrong with your pc. Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I've had to reinstall GW2 for other problems but it seemed to have solved them for me.

Best of luck

gidgiddonihah

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009

I'd do it, but it would mean 4ish hours of downloading. I guess I can try it tonight when I go to bed.

I have been reading and my last problem (system crash and restart) doesn't seem to be isolated though all of the posts are pretty old (3 months or more).

What is really freaky is the progression of how it crashes. What I am doing should be making it even more stable and thus reduce the 'crash severity' but instead it gets worse...

cu1993

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
That is strange. I havent seen this problem anywhere before. If reinstalling doesn't solve the issue, it atleast shouldnt do any harm. Sorry I couldnt be more of a help.

Good luck

gidgiddonihah

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009

Nah its fine. I appreciate it nonetheless. I'll reinstall it tonight right before I go to bed. If it still is having troubles you'll hear from me again :).

TRENDING THREADS