ASUS AI Suite 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

grach

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
I got a new P8Z77-V LX2 and an i5-3570K about a week ago and wanted to OC the cpu.
So this mobo has AI Suite 2 which has the TurboV feature, it basically offers overclocking capabilities in the OS environment.
The thing is though that it doesn't save the CPU Multiplier that I set, for example I set it to 36 and hit SAVE, on the next boot it will just return back to 34.
Anyone else encountered this?

Solution
I recommend using the BIOS to set a overclock, not via software it will cause problems. In addition adjusting stuff via software at least to me is more for slight tweaks so you dont have to keep rebooting but you should always overclock/adjust settings in the BIOS and save the changes that way.

Orlean

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
I recommend using the BIOS to set a overclock, not via software it will cause problems. In addition adjusting stuff via software at least to me is more for slight tweaks so you dont have to keep rebooting but you should always overclock/adjust settings in the BIOS and save the changes that way.

Solution

grach

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012

Alright, how about overclocking the cpu using the suite and running a stress test at the same time and if the overclock is stable I can just write down the settings, reset them in the suite, reboot and go into the BIOS and just feed the values there?

Status
Not open for further replies.