Which laptop would be better overall? GT 640m vs HD 7670m.

kandon

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Well I have two choices for laptops; I know that they are both in completely different price ranges, but if they're quite similar then I don't see a reason to buy the more expensive one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215409

or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215663

I know the processor is much better in the first one, but for gaming and stuff, which graphics card would be better? I'm not doing heavy processing stuff so the processor should be good but it doesn't have to be THAT good. Although, I do know that a lot of games need a good processor, so the i7 would be much better.

Also, are those laptops good? I've heard some bad stuff about Acer but I've been using their monitor for the past 6 months and it's been great. My friend also has an Acer laptop that has been good for a long time.

Thanks.

kandon

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011

Wow, okay, but could you also tell me if that Acer with the i7 and 640m is a good model? I've heard some Acer laptops weren't that good, but is that one good? So far mine has no problems (I checked for overheating issues too), but will it last? And is it worth it to buy another 2 year warranty for it for an extra $70? It already has 1 year, so it'll have 3 if I buy another 2.

Why don't save your Money, buy a cheap laptop and save Money for a gaming desktop instead?

kandon

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011

I already have a gaming desktop. This is a secondary computer. I'd just like to know if it's worth it to buy the extra 2 year warranty and whether or not this model of Acer is a good one. I already have the laptop by the way. (the i7 + 640m one)

kandon

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011

Gotcha. I really love it so far to be honest though. It looks sleek and stylish, but its big (17.3 inches), but it's not that heavy. I really love it. I tested some games on it, everything ran beautifully on high.

One thing I don't like is the glossy look of it. It looks sexy but when you get close you can see fingerprints, so you gotta wipe them every once in a while.

Other than that I'm glad I made the purchase.