Image makes monitor go crazy

4david

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
i was having an issue when my screen went nuts when ever i would go to a particular website. I narrowed it down to one banner. I downloaded the banner onto my machine and even goes nuts when i launch it in preview straight from windows.

by going nuts i mean that the screen starts fading to white, then might turn black, then go back to normal and then fade to white. The minute i close the image, everything goes back to normal.

windows 7 - totally updated with updated video drivers
16 gigs ram
i-5
nvidia 512 mb videocard - updated drivers

paddys09

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Ive not seen an issue that would cause the symptoms you are describing, at first I thought it might be a flash issue, but its a very basic site, which banner are you referring to? the title?

Try a different browser and report back....The browser you have may have caused issues in saving the image but cannot see why it would effect your whole screen, its just a couple of jpegs and a gif

Edit: Also are you able to screenshot this defect?

paddys09

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Ok thanks, wish everyone would post a video, makes things a lot easier...unfortunately haven't come across an issue quite like that before... it does seem to be connected to the site though as it moves as you scroll...

Could you give us some more details...What exact graphics card is it? and what monitor are you using as well as the type of connection you have? and are you able to capture it in a screenshot, by hitting "printcreen" on your keyboard and pasting into ms paint?

4david

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
nvidia geforce 310
samsung syncmaster 2223
digital connection

the paste into paint also causes the screen to go black

the user believes the color blue is involved

paddys09

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Ok cool, if you could save and post that image, i just use http://www.postimage.org/...as its very quick to post and put the link up here.... That way can determine wether or not the issue is before or after the output on your card...

Another thing to check is: Right click desktop>Screen resolution>Advanced settings>monitor and make sure you are running the correct color depth and refresh rate

4david

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
i cant because i cant save anything when i cant see.

on

www.nycichlids.net the reserve stock banner makes it happen, when i scroll off it everything is fine.

i downloaded it to my desktop and it happens when i preview it

weird

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
That is screen lag. What Res do you have the monitor set at ? if you go into the options of the nvidia control panel you should have a list of refresh rates for the monitor, your video card may be out putting a higher Hz speed than the monitor can handle at its resolution.
Make sure if you have an on board graphics chipset as well on the mother board that you make sure it is turned off, and make sure there is not an option for frame buffer lower it or turn it off for the onboard graphics chipset.

4david

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
monitor is set at 1920x1080
60 hz is the only choice

I did not add the videocard
this is the stock config from dell

whats weird is that I have the HDMI connected to a TV and there are non of these issues.

I have the offending image on the tv, no issues, i litterally drag it to the other screen and the monitor goes nuts, I tried lowering the resolution just to see if there was a change and it does the exact thing.