Hey guys :)

So i wanna upgrade my machine
Currently:

CPU: E5700
GPU: GeForce GT 440
Motherboard: ASUS P5G41T-M LX

Will be:

CPU: i5 3570k
GPU: GeForce GT 440 (same... no budget :( )
Motherboard: ASRock z77 Extreme4

And my question is:
Because i was too hasty, i forgot to see if my current GPU will work on the new mobo...
Can anyone please tell me if it will? I know it's old but it does it's job and i will replace it as soon as possible because i have no money for now.
So, will it work?
Thanks in advance to the replies :)

Cheers

CRaZZyMaNNiaCC

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012

dude your words are like butterflies and double rainbows to my eyes :)
thanks a lot =D
btw... on asrock xtreme4 specs it says that it has 2x PCIE 3.0 x 16 slots. On gt 440 it says that its bus support is PCIE 2.0 x 16
Does it matter?
And btw if i had to change my GPU what would be the best cheap but good for gaming replacement?

Kari

Splendid
PCIE is backwards compatible, so it doesn't matter...

but I would have upgraded the parts in exact opposite order, first the gpu and then cpu+mobo. It's unlikely that you are cpu limited on your current rig, so you wont see much of an improvement with that great cpu, only after you get a faster gpu will all the gains come to life at once...

Good bang for buck vcards would be along the lines of HD7850 or 7870 and GTX660 and 660Ti.

edit http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/HIS/HD_7750_IceQ_X/30.html
perfdollar_1920.gif

CRaZZyMaNNiaCC

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012

i don't quite understand that graph you showed me... what does it represent? i'm having trouble cause i'm not much of a tech guy and besides that - english is not my native language

Kari

Splendid

well it's a performance per dollar graph, the performance part is calculated as the average over the games they used on the craphic card review and the price is from newegg.com (I think). And the values are shown relative to the card that was tested this time around so that card gets the 100% mark. Higher values are better. Though one has to remember that for example the 6670 isn't really fast enough to run games well at that resolution but it is so cheap that it gets high value in the graph.
Anyways check the link, the rest of the review might be a good read anyways , to get a some insight what each card is capable of.

The graph shows performance to price ratio of different graphics cards. We still need to know price range and country you are from before we can recommend a specific card.

CRaZZyMaNNiaCC

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012

i'm in Cyprus but i guess i'm gonna get the parts from ebay or newegg

Newegg doesn't ship outside of US. I'd get electronics from local shops - in case something isn't working, you can always return it to them, and returning to ebay might be tricky or even impossible.

CRaZZyMaNNiaCC

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
plus that its WAY TOO OVERPRICED here so maybe i'll wait till summer to buy my hard in Ukraine... I'll easily get it 200 cheaper. and i mean LITERALLY since an asrock z77 extreme4 -M (i'm not even talking about the normal one) is 145 euro... in Ukraine it is 112... i5 3570K here - 245 euro, there 200... and can get cheaper

CRaZZyMaNNiaCC

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012

what about amazon.. trustworthy or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.