mictian1980

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010
I have a notebook that I use for playing World of Warcraft(WoW). I got this notebook back in 2009. I use the built in wifi to connect to the game. Recently I have been getting disconnected frequently from the game and usually it happens within minutes of my logging into the game world. I noticed that my latency was always around 4000ms for both Home and World. I was still able to browse the internet. I disabled my internal wifi and hooked up the notebook via ethernet cable and I was able to log into WoW and have my latency drop below 100ms for both Home and World and I did not get disconnected from the game at all.

I figured that my internal wifi was dying and I went out to buy a USB powered wifi card and tried relogging into WoW. Oddly enough my latency dropped down to less then 100ms for both Home and World and I was able to play my game with no interuptions.

I was wondering if anyone could help make sense of this for me? I figured my built in wifi died but if it died then it wouldn't work at all. Yet I still able to access web pages. I like my USB wifi solution but I hate that I have so many USB devices hooked up to my notebook. Currently I have a keyboard and mouse hooked up via USB because the keyboard doesn't fully function and the track pad is sketchy most of the time.

In case anyone is wondering what kind of notebook I have it's a iBuypower Battalion 101 M865TU. Here is a review on the notebook: http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/ibuypower-battalion-101-m865tu/4505-3121_7-33770306.html