Sign in with
Your question

Why does my computer exit full screen mode?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 14, 2012 6:49:56 PM

Hi guys and gals.

I have a Sager computer that is about four months old, and it has both the Intel 4000 graphics chipset as well as an Nvidia Geforce 670M. I am having a problem, which is stated below.

When I play games such as The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim or just about any other game in full screen mode, the computer randomly exit full screen mode and minimizes the game window. I have no clue as to why.

My system has plenty of RAM, 16 GB, and a 750 GB hard drive. It also has an Intel i7 chip with which I paid for a better cooling paste. So, really, I have no clue what in the world is going on here.

Any help is appreciated, and if you need any other information, let me know.
November 14, 2012 6:58:11 PM

I would check your keyboard and or try a different one. Most likely it's a key getting stuck. Like the windows key, then when you hit m or other combinations it's causing it to minimize.

Easiest way to verify would be to try a different keyboard if you have a known good one handy.
m
l
November 14, 2012 7:21:37 PM

Thanks for the reply, and I will try that. I would also like to note that it does it even when I use a game controller and don't touch the keyboard at all.
m
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
November 14, 2012 7:28:18 PM

Do you have Itunes installed that auto update thingy will do that it is so annoying. Any other updates on your task bar Java adobe/flash,windows,ect.

Thent
m
l
November 14, 2012 7:44:15 PM

dextermat said:
Hi,

Checking on skyrim forum would of been easy:

http://guide4games.com/index.php/fixes/885-the-elder-sc...

:sol: 

Great answer.

@OP it is happening in all games thou correct? Does it happen in browsers and other apps too? Like watching a youtube video or a movie in full screen? Or limited to just games? So we've ruled out keyboard, I would check the virus I mean I tunes thent suggested ;)  and other updates.

Please post back what Dextermats fix does too. Would like to see the resolution to this issue.
m
l
November 14, 2012 8:27:12 PM

Ok Ill try both, and post back with the results.
m
l
September 9, 2014 5:59:51 PM

I found my problem to be with a background program constantly activating. It was the Windows problem reporting. I went to the start button, did a search for "Choose how to report problems" and then I clicked it and then I clicked "Never check for solutions". This seemed to stop the problem.
m
l
!