jerryarlen

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
Alright,

First build, second question. I promise to come back and return the knowledge I'm getting.

I'm building a gaming/music production computer. I've nailed down a lot of the specifics about which parts I'd like, but I'm starting to question my choice in Video cards before I order it. I have no intention of overclocking right away, although I've acquired some parts that have the ability for the future. I've also settled on an IPS display after being blown away by the vibrancy, giving up the 120hz because I simply do not play many FPS. I'd prefer to have Skyrim look it's absolute best then to have a better KDR.

I have been seriously thinking about the GTX670 or possibly the 680. They come at a high cost, but they future proof me for quite some time and give a very high FPS. But, it honestly might be overkill for me. I have the budget, but why spend if you don't have to. I will be playing some of the newest games and I'd like to run them at max settings. Below is my rig, some parts acquired, some in a virtual shopping cart. What is your advice? Thanks for your help.

CoolerMaster Haf Xm
i7 3770 K
Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA1155 CrossFireX/SLI Dual Lan Dual UEFI BIOS with Bluetooth 4.0/Wi-Fi Expansion Card GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WiFi
Dell UltraSharp U2412M
16 Gig Ram
Blu-Ray
SSD(Raid 0)
Windows 8

TRENDING THREADS