Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

My First Build

Last response: in Systems
Share
December 30, 2012 10:35:18 AM

Im trying to build a new system since my old system died ( R I P ) :(  but the problem is that i became addicted on this forum which offers the best guides about pc's.
Now i decided to share my final conclusions about my new Dekstop PC which theoretically is made by fallowing a lot of advices from this forum.
And before i want to mention that i wont plan to do overclock , i want the best pc for gaming which wont value more than 500-600 euro and for daily use .


Looks like this :

MOTHERBOARD

Asus P8Z77-V LX Socket 1155 DDR3 SATA3 USB3 ATX 95 EURO ( i read that this MO have better chipset than Z77 PRO3 )
OR
ASRock Z77 Pro3 Socket 1155 DDR3 SATA3 USB3 ATX 75 EURO ( this is a little cheaper but if p8z77 is better i will buy that one )

CPU

Intel Core i5-3470 3,2GHz Socket 1155 con GPU Ivy Bridge Boxed 185 EURO

VIDEO CARD

With video card i have a problem and i need a little help
I found on amazon this ones :

MY 1ST CHOICE is this : VGA Gigabyte Ati Amd Radeon HD 7850 GV-R785OC-2GD Core 975MHz Memory GDDR5 4800MHz 2GB HDMI DVI MiniDP at 168 euro

then

Radeon HD 7850 1GB ( http://www.amazon.it/Sapphire-11200-16-20G-Scheda-video... ) AT 130 EURO then i found 7850 2GB ( http://www.amazon.it/Sapphire-11200-07-20G-Scheda-video... ) at 153 EURO

Now my quastions is : worth +23 EURO for 2GB ? i mean there will be any difference ? and which one from these 3 is better as quality/price ?

RAM

DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Low Profile CML8GX3M2A1600C9 1600MHz 8GB (2x4GB) CL9 ( if there are any other good choice i will take any advice in consideration ) 40 EURO

Hard Disk

3.5" Western Digital Caviar Black WD5003AZEX 500GB 7200RPM 64MB SATA3 63 EURO

SPU

PC XFX ProSeries 550W Core Edition or Antec HCG 520 or Antec HCG 620 , here again im confused , which one is better for my PC SETUP ?

PC CASE

Case Midi Tower Cooler Master K-350 ( http://www.amazon.it/Cooler-Master-Midi-Tower-Sichtfens... )

or

Case Midi Cooler Master Elite 370 Gaming Nero ( http://www.amazon.it/Cooler-Master-rc-370-kkn1-Case-Eli... )


Thats all.
A big thx from me for who wil take a look on my future system buld. :hello: 

More about : build

December 30, 2012 10:45:18 AM

You dont need a Z77 MoBo cause your CPU is not the "K" series for OCings switch to a H77

For GPU go with the Sapphire 7850 1GB if your only gaming on one screen
December 30, 2012 11:00:34 AM

OK so i will look for a h77 Motherboard

The video card you are saying that 1gb radeon 7850 is better is i use gaming on one screen , excelent

About PSU ? and Rams ? any recomandations ?
Related resources
December 30, 2012 11:02:03 AM

your all good on everything else :D 
December 30, 2012 11:10:22 AM

Scheda Madre AsRock H77 PRO4/MVP Socket 1155 DDR3 SATA3 USB3 ATX at 68 euro is good ?


any other H77 recs ?


December 30, 2012 11:15:00 AM

and one more q


this h77 seres and for example that motherboard that i posted , dont have video card integrated no ? :D 
December 30, 2012 11:19:51 AM

"Onboard Video Chipset
Supported only by CPU with integrated graphic"

Your CPU has intergrated HD 2500 graphics
December 30, 2012 11:44:48 AM

Alex21 said:
OK so i will look for a h77 Motherboard

The video card you are saying that 1gb radeon 7850 is better is i use gaming on one screen , excelent

About PSU ? and Rams ? any recomandations ?

Or just keep the board and switch for i5 3570K, better solution for gaming along with years.
Get the HD 7850 with the 2GB of VRAM, at higher resolution, games are very taxing of VRAM specially when MSAA enabled.

Everything else seem to be pretty well and in place, just a little tight in budget.
If you have around $800-1K I can recommend you a great build.
December 30, 2012 1:40:01 PM

ilysaml said:
Or just keep the board and switch for i5 3570K, better solution for gaming along with years.
Get the HD 7850 with the 2GB of VRAM, at higher resolution, games are very taxing of VRAM specially when MSAA enabled.

Everything else seem to be pretty well and in place, just a little tight in budget.
If you have around $800-1K I can recommend you a great build.




ok , do it :D  i want to see your rec
December 30, 2012 2:54:37 PM




without any doubt this is a bomb :) ) but is with to much over my budget even if worth to invest for future
and since i am not a hard gamer i think for me is to much , but thank you for your advice , i see you have a good knowledge about how to create a computer and i will ask again for last time before to order these



EK00019073 RAM DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Low Profile CML8GX3M2A1600C9 1600MHz 8GB (2x4GB) CL9 € 39,70 €
EK00020943 Alimentatore PC XFX ProSeries 550W Core Edition € 62,10 ( STILL CONFUSE )
EK00028589 Scheda Madre AsRock H77 PRO4/MVP Socket 1155 DDR3 SATA3 USB3 ATX € 67,50
EK00029823 Case Midi Tower Cooler Master K-350 USB3 Nero € 37,00
EK00030703 CPU Intel Core i5-3470 3,2GHz Socket 1155 con GPU Ivy Bridge Boxed € 186,00
EK00035110 Hard Disk Interno 3.5" Western Digital Caviar Black WD5003AZEX 500GB 7200RPM 64MB SATA3 € 62,80
EK00035123 Scheda Video SAPPHIRE HD 7850 2GB GDDR5 € 155



610 TOTAL


Im looking on certified PSU from saphire HD 7850 and i see just 650+ PSU's ....


Please can you reccomand me a good PSU ?

I could take for 650Wwhich is + EURO but i dont know , maybe im wrong and i dont want to waste money :D 

For all this system i wrote above , which from these psu's you guys reccomand me ?

1. PC XFX ProSeries 550W Core Edition € 62,10
2. Alimentatore PC Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W 80Plus Bronze € 82 euro
3. Alimentatore PC Modulare Antec HCG-520M 520W 80+ € 76
4. Alimentatore PC Modulare Antec HCG-620M 620W 80+ Bronze € 85

If anyone have another advice maybe cheaper but same quality please post. Thx
December 30, 2012 2:57:21 PM

xfx PSu is the one u should trust those others ones u posted ive never heard of them so wouldnt trust them imo
December 30, 2012 3:12:20 PM

Emelth said:
xfx PSu is the one u should trust those others ones u posted ive never heard of them so wouldnt trust them imo




ok i understand but i dont see that you are telling me if 550w is enuff for my system :) 
December 30, 2012 3:22:46 PM

it is
December 31, 2012 6:43:54 PM

EK00013765 Case Midi Cooler Master Elite 370 Gaming Nero € 42,10
EK00015179 RAM DDR3 Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 1600MHz 8GB (2x4GB) CL9 € 40,60
EK00020943 Alimentatore PC XFX ProSeries 550W Core Edition € 62,10 !!!!!!!! C O N F U S E D !!!!!!!!
EK00028589 Scheda Madre AsRock H77 PRO4/MVP Socket 1155 DDR3 SATA3 USB3 ATX € 67,50
EK00030125 CPU Intel Core i5-3570 3,4GHz Socket 1155 77W con GPU Ivy Bridge Boxed € 199,00
EK00032972 Masterizzatore Interno Samsung SH-224BB 24x DVD/CD SATA Nero Bulk € 19,90
EK00035110 Hard Disk Interno 3.5" Western Digital Caviar Black WD5003AZEX 500GB 7200RPM 64MB SATA3 € 62,80
EK00035110 Saphire 7850 860 MHz Core Clock / 2048 MB Size / 256 -bit GDDR5 € 154,99

total : 658 EURO



The only problem i have is this :

On video specifications says it needs min 500W SPU and recomandated is 650

I dont know how it functions but if i have a psu 550W and there is video card which consumes 500W + Processor 77W + other small things :D  = over 550W

I repeat , i dont have any idea how it work but this is how smbdy like me which dosent have any idea thinks.

I should reconsider to buy another SPU ? thx
December 31, 2012 7:04:34 PM

yes it does say that but its being interpreted 500W for the whole system its self you will be safe with a 550W we guarantee it
January 1, 2013 9:44:24 AM

Emelth said:
yes it does say that but its being interpreted 500W for the whole system its self you will be safe with a 550W we guarantee it



ok , thank you boss :) 
January 1, 2013 9:55:27 AM

now im on internet to make the last modifications if needs and looking on motherboard specifications says that only 3rd generation of intel support PCI EXPRESS 3.0

NOOB QUASTION ! :D  my i5 3570 is 3rd generation no ? i google some but nowhere says exactly this


edit : http://ark.intel.com/products/family/65504 founded
January 1, 2013 10:21:19 AM

Im thinking to get 7870 since many rec this


Help me decide which one to take


VGA Gigabyte Ati AMD Radeon HD 7870 Core 1100MHz Memory DDR5 4800MHz 2GB HDMI DVI MiniDP 205 EURO

VGA Asus Ati AMD Radeon HD 7870 DC2-2GD5-V2 Core 1000MHz Memory GDDR5 4800MHz 3GB DVI HDMI DP 209 EURO

VGA Sapphire Ati AMD Radeon HD 7870 Core 1000MHz Memory GDDR5 4800MHz 2GB DVI HDMI DP 195 EURO


and i want to mention that i found also Saphire OC 7850 which is just a little expensive

so for my non OC system , if i will put OC video card is there a problem ? tx
January 1, 2013 12:29:22 PM

no problem with an OC GPU or RAM in non Z77 Motherboard. On any board u can always OC the RAM and GPU its just the CPU that they are pickey about. I would go with the Sapphire one
January 1, 2013 12:49:20 PM

Alex21 said:
without any doubt this is a bomb :) ) but is with to much over my budget even if worth to invest for future
and since i am not a hard gamer i think for me is to much , but thank you for your advice , i see you have a good knowledge about how to create a computer and i will ask again for last time before to order these



EK00019073 RAM DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Low Profile CML8GX3M2A1600C9 1600MHz 8GB (2x4GB) CL9 € 39,70 €
EK00020943 Alimentatore PC XFX ProSeries 550W Core Edition € 62,10 ( STILL CONFUSE )
EK00028589 Scheda Madre AsRock H77 PRO4/MVP Socket 1155 DDR3 SATA3 USB3 ATX € 67,50
EK00029823 Case Midi Tower Cooler Master K-350 USB3 Nero € 37,00
EK00030703 CPU Intel Core i5-3470 3,2GHz Socket 1155 con GPU Ivy Bridge Boxed € 186,00
EK00035110 Hard Disk Interno 3.5" Western Digital Caviar Black WD5003AZEX 500GB 7200RPM 64MB SATA3 € 62,80
EK00035123 Scheda Video SAPPHIRE HD 7850 2GB GDDR5 € 155


610 TOTAL


Im looking on certified PSU from saphire HD 7850 and i see just 650+ PSU's ....


Please can you reccomand me a good PSU ?

I could take for 650Wwhich is + EURO but i dont know , maybe im wrong and i dont want to waste money :D 

For all this system i wrote above , which from these psu's you guys reccomand me ?

1. PC XFX ProSeries 550W Core Edition € 62,10
2. Alimentatore PC Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W 80Plus Bronze € 82 euro
3. Alimentatore PC Modulare Antec HCG-520M 520W 80+ € 76
4. Alimentatore PC Modulare Antec HCG-620M 620W 80+ Bronze € 85

If anyone have another advice maybe cheaper but same quality please post. Thx


Antec HG series and the corsair enthusiast series are reliable psus..i think the xfx will be cheaper so get that one..and i'd suggest getting a 1tb caviar blue instead of the 500gb caviar black..

edit: and also the difference in performance between an i5 3570 and an i5 3470 is not worth the extra bucks..i'd get the 3470 and use the euros saved to get a better case.
January 2, 2013 9:08:04 AM

Emelth said:
no problem with an OC GPU or RAM in non Z77 Motherboard. On any board u can always OC the RAM and GPU its just the CPU that they are pickey about. I would go with the Sapphire one




saphire OC or normal ?


and case is not good ? :( 
January 2, 2013 9:33:46 AM

i cant understand nothing , i will take it like this anyway thx
January 2, 2013 11:00:48 AM

buy the OC'ed GPU if you can get it
January 2, 2013 2:17:16 PM

VGA Gigabyte Ati Amd Radeon HD 7850 GV-R785OC-2GD Core 975MHz Memory GDDR5 4800MHz 2GB HDMI DVI MiniDP 182 EURO


VGA Club 3D Ati AMD Radeon HD 7850 RoyalQueen Core 860MHz Memory GDDR5 4800MHz 1GB DVI HDMI DP 146 EURO


VGA SAPPHIRE Radeon HD7850 OC Core 920MHz Memory GDDR5 5000MHz 2GB 2xDVI HDMI DP 172 euro


VGA SAPPHIRE Radeon HD7850 Core 860MHz Memory GDDR5 4800MHz 2GB 2xDVI HDMI DP 168 euro




what about that gygabyte ?
January 3, 2013 11:13:30 PM

I would stick with Sapphire that is OC'ed
!