New Gaming P.C Build Suggestions

shadow4799

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Hi everyone,

I am new on this forum (and not used to computer parts etc.), but I have been reading it for a while and it is great. So I was wondering if anyone would have any suggestions on my new P.C build. Also, I live in Australia so I may be limited. Could you also please let me know if any of these parts are not compatible.

CPU: i7 3770k (may overclock in future but not extreme)
GPU: Asus Directcu ii 2gb GTX 680 (will SLI hopefully in the future, not sure if I should get a GTX 670 and OC it?)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77M-Pro
Case: Silverstone Fortress FTO2B with Window and USB 3.0
Cooling: cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and Silverstone Air Penetrator Ap121. Also I'm not sure if I should get watercooling.
PSU: Coolermaster Silent Pro M2 1000w
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x8 16gb
Software: Microsoft Windows 8 64 bit
Monitor: Asus VE248H
Storage: Corsair Force Series GT 120gb SSD (will buy external storage but run Windows and other things on this)
DVD: Lite-On IHES312 Blu Ray

This is mainly for gaming and web design(overkill) and I'm looking to save as much money as possible, but still getting the best quality(as everyone does).

Thanks in advance :)

shadow4799

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Thanks for the quick reply. I was thinking about getting th AsRock motherboard instead, but why is it any better? Also, with the GPU I've heard that AMD has driver problems and also I followed the link, and it showed that the GTX680 beat the 7970 in most games. Also what does anyone think about GTX670 SLI.

shadow4799

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Okay then I'll change motherboard. The games I will mostly play will be Skyrim (no mods), Battlefield 3, Far Cry 3, Crysis 3 (when it comes out), Hitman: Absoloution, COD and I might start playing MMORPG's.