Closed Solved

GTX 670 - HMDI or DVI-D

With black Friday around the corner ive decided to purchase a GTX 670 and a new monitor. The first thing that came to my attention was that both the monitor and card have DVI-D and HDMI cable inputs/outputs. What would be more bebfeicial to use? The DVI-D cable included with the monitor, purchase a higher end cable ( if they are available ) or to perhaps purchase a HDMI cable?
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about hmdi
  1. Best answer
    i have the same card, my advice is to use the HDMI slot, it would be much better if u have an HD monitor, and yes u have to purchase an HDMI cable, and in case u ask about the price, it's not as expensive as it was from 3~4 years, and it's worth it :)
  2. DVI-D=HDMI

no difference so there really is no benefit to go hdmi unless i am missing something.
  3. minanasery said:
    i have the same card, my advice is to use the HDMI slot, it would be much better if u have an HD monitor, and yes u have to purchase an HDMI cable, and in case u ask about the price, it's not as expensive as it was from 3~4 years, and it's worth it :)

Do you have a suggestion for brand or cable to use? Also another question about it, it should only affect the video, right?
  4. Best answer selected by Daratum.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Cable DVI D Monitors Graphics Product