GTA V performance expectations on GTX 670

Status
Not open for further replies.

minanasery

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
well, 2 trailers now have been popped out from rockstar-games to tell us how wonderful the game will be, and how it's massively loaded with stunning Graphics and advanced AI..

the question is, according the trailer, would anyone guess the performance of that game if we assume that system specs ?

PSU : Corsair TX750 Bronze

Processor : Intel I7 2700k

Processor COOLER : Noctua NH-U9D

GPU : Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce Edition

Memory : 4GB X 4 DDR3 RAM (@1600 Mhz )

I know it's hard to guess anyway, but when i saw these graphics, i doubted my system could run it to be just playable..

Can anyone just tell me am i right ? wrong ? and if anyone has info about the game specs, please tell me any info :)

thx alot :)
best regards :)
Mina Nasery

Solution

When developing the game they mainly focused on developing it for consoles. So it was optimized for low end hardware that console's currently have. As they have not mentioned it coming to pc, and judging from GTA IV, then if it does come it will be a port from console. That will mean that they will simply tweak it around to have it run on pc, so development efforts won't be focused on making it the best gameplay experience on pc. However the trailers look cool, so fingers crossed that they will provide a nice gameplay experience.

fil1p

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Yep, I agree if it is made to run on the consoles available today then it's requirements won't be that high, plus a gtx670 won't be a problem anytime soon. Judging by the fact that they haven't mentioned pc as a platform for gta V then yes, as Sakkura and esrever said its likely going to be a console port. Your pc has some really solid specs so don't worry about it, if they do decide to release it on pc then you should have no problems playing it, assuming the bugs from the console port won't be too bad :D

fil1p

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010

When developing the game they mainly focused on developing it for consoles. So it was optimized for low end hardware that console's currently have. As they have not mentioned it coming to pc, and judging from GTA IV, then if it does come it will be a port from console. That will mean that they will simply tweak it around to have it run on pc, so development efforts won't be focused on making it the best gameplay experience on pc. However the trailers look cool, so fingers crossed that they will provide a nice gameplay experience.

Solution

minanasery

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011

1st : i hope it could be ported for pc
2nd : i hope it would be a better port
3rd : my worries came from my GTA IV performance on my PC, it's between [100 fps~27 fps depends where u were in liberty city ] on max settings..but i think it's a pretty monster to eat my GPU like that :) so how about GTA V :D ?!

the PC gta 4 was pretty much broken and only really pushed CPU performance because it was so badly optimized when they ported it over for PC. There was also graphics options missing such as any form of anti aliasing on it. I doubt rockstar is going to do anything spectacular for the PC with GTA V.

bryjoered

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
Well, GTA IV is no doubt one of the most demanding games I've ever tried at max settings. It's not even that the graphics were stunning either. It seemed to me that the problem was the game would load objects and even people/cars way way far in the distance. And the shadows seemed to be poorly optimized as well, like it would create shadows on objects that weren't even necessary or realistic for that matter. I'd say it's a good guess that even a 670 might have trouble running it on full blast at 1080p.
It is important to note that the recent Rockstar game Max Payne 3 was an exceptional port, one of the best I've experienced, so there is hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.