PC Failing to Boot

G

Hey guys,

Been having some headaches with my PC (my first build) as of late. My specs are as follows:

AMD 960T (Quad) @ 3GHz, Corsair 8GB RAM, 250GB HDD, Radeon HD 6850, Asus M5A97 Pro mobo.

Now this PC has been running well for a good year. Then within the past 2 months I had a couple of blue screens, I can't remember exactly what the error message was but it was something to do with memory.

Then one day my PC crashed on me having to press the power button to carry on working.

The problem now is that it is failing to operate. It powers up ok, but I am getting nothing displayed on my screen.

What I have tried:

- Testing all 3 output options from my gfx card.
- Tested different monitors
- Tried each stick of RAM individually.
- Pressing the MemOk! button to try reconfigure the RAM.

Each time with the same result.

The DRAM_LED is constantly lit, and I have tried pressing the MemOk! button to try reconfigure it but nothing.

So straight away I'm thinking I'm going to have to cough up some money for some new RAM which I'm ok with, could be a lot worse, although it's just out of warranty -.-'

My only concern is that I find it a little hard to believe BOTH sticks have malfunctioned. Could it possibly be my motherboard? I also don't want this to happen again or to buy new RAM only to realise it's a motherboard problem (say, the RAM docks for example)

G

EDIT:

I forgot to add. When it originally died, I managed to get into safe mode for awhile on a couple of boots, trying to backup data etc, but couldn't load normally as it would freeze on the Win7 logo loading part. (the logo would actually freeze). After a few attempts at this it then wouldn't boot at all.