Flickering textures in distance with gtx 560 2gb

Payne500

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
Hey everyone,

So, Iv'e had this problem for a while. In the distance, (in basically all of my games) certain textures flicker or shimmer. The problem automatically corrects itself when I get closer to the effected object, but needless to say, it's quite distracting. I've mainly noticed it in Borderlands 2, Dead Space 2, and Mass Effect 3 (although it's most likely present in other games, but I just don't notice it.) Other then this issue, my rig is running as expected with my temperatures normal all around. My motherboard bios and graphics card driver are the newest versions. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Specs:
Evga Nvidia Gtx 560 2gb (factory superclocked edition)
M68MT-S2 Gigabyte Motherboard
AMD FX-8120 processor @ 3.1 ghz
8 GB RAM
1 TB HD

G

After reading your 2nd post, it doesnt seem there is much you can do about it.

Payne500

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012

Yeah, I was afraid of that. But as for your prior question about my CPU temps, I do actively monitor them, and they generally never exceed 34 degrees Celsius under load, which is pretty cool for an FX chip if I'm not mistaken. And based on my mentioned games, my gtx 560 either meets or exceeds the recommended settings.

Payne500

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
So after doing some more research, I believe I can elaborate on my issue a little bit more. The "texture shimmering" I described I now believe is being cause by some anti-aliasing settings, or lack thereof. When I move around in said games, the edges of an object (a fence, for example) seem to "crawl." Below I have included a youtube link to the problem that has been occurring. (Note: the video is not authored by me, but it is the exact same issue I have been having.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzff6PxNah8&feature=youtu.be